Braz933

Helmet question

In all the skydive videos I've watched, I have yet to see anyone freefly wearing a full face helmet with a face shield. Is this because the face shields tend not to stay closed in freefly maneuvers?

I have also never seen a full face helmet, with a face shield, and a camera mount. I am guessing that may have to do with the need for a more solid chin strap to support the added weight of the camera. Correct?

Thanks

Probably less about the need for a "more secure chin strap" (as far as I can tell my full face fits more snugly to my head than my camera helmet) and more about the ability to cutaway as may be needed in the event of a camera/line entanglement.

I also note this product http://www.boneheadcomposites.com/mantle.htm may be what you are describing.

Personally, I like the feel of the wind on my face.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

In all the skydive videos I've watched, I have yet to see anyone freefly wearing a full face helmet with a face shield. Is this because the face shields tend not to stay closed in freefly maneuvers?

I jump wearing a Bonehead Mamba and am sit flying most of my jumps these days. No issues with the visor staying shut. B|

Just burning a hole in the sky.....