larskjargaard

my little skydiving club is falling apart and its breaking my heart

This sucks I am witnessing my little skydiving club be forced out of existance by the evolution of the industry. At one point the club was operated from a chequebook now we are a comercial air line and must operate as such. I have never seen such a stressed group of skydivers like I have this year.All everyone wants to do is get our knees in the breeze and jump but being absolutly bogged down and having to fight over shit that really does not apply to us is so frusterating.I'm going to have meltdown and commit myself to a mental institution shortly.:S

CAR's- canadian air regulations. The reason is skydivers are considered passangers not cargo as they are in the U.S. therefore my club with about 20 members is an airline and now mut have an accountable member of the club board or Fall guy incase something goes wrong. Basicly Transport Canada is attempting to shed all liability and views skydiving as a royal pain in the ass that will eventually get mad and fad out. What really gets me is that glider clubs are exempt from all this and I don't see a differance between the two from an operating stand point.

CAR's- canadian air regulations. The reason is skydivers are considered passangers not cargo as they are in the U.S. therefore my club with about 20 members is an airline and now mut have an accountable member of the club board or Fall guy incase something goes wrong. Basicly Transport Canada is attempting to shed all liability and views skydiving as a royal pain in the ass that will eventually get mad and fad out. What really gets me is that glider clubs are exempt from all this and I don't see a differance between the two from an operating stand point.

Unfortunately CSPA didn't fight Transport Canada in the early 90's the way the Glider Association did and now we are fucked.

The bureaucratic overhead is horrible for a club with 15-20 members...we have to fill out the same paperwork, etc as a large air service. It's absolute horseshit for a club that operates (mostly) miles away from controlled airspace in the middle of nowhere and flies 200-250 hours in a good year. But, some people in the sport wanted it this way. I was the Treasurer of CSPA at the time this was going on. I was and am still disgusted by how it turned out and resigned partly as a result of CSPA permitting itself to go under the thumb of the bureaucrats.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

This sucks I am witnessing my little skydiving club be forced out of existance by the evolution of the industry. At one point the club was operated from a chequebook now we are a comercial air line and must operate as such. I have never seen such a stressed group of skydivers like I have this year.All everyone wants to do is get our knees in the breeze and jump but being absolutly bogged down and having to fight over shit that really does not apply to us is so frusterating.I'm going to have meltdown and commit myself to a mental institution shortly.:S

Damn, that really sucks.

I do see a lot of paperwork going on with the pilots at my dropzone, and it must be a royal pain for them! Must be related.

an accountable member of the club board or Fall guy incase something goes wrong.

???
Was changes to the CAR's discussed at the last meeting with TC and CSPA, CAPs ????

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

I don't think this is a priority for CSPA anyway

..no doubt a huge priority for all dz operators.

Possibly pressure from families who have lost loved ones, judges, lawyers, government...

It's been so many years since I have seen jumpers trained static line at my dz. (Tandem/Aff the only training provided.) Regardless of top of the line equipment/training "shit happens." Without static line or IAD training dz operators would have less risk??

Government regulations are so bogus, my husband is a logger (faller) in B.C. and now he has to be certified and every saw has to have a sticker on it proving it is "WCB safety approved"....recently a incident happened with a faller that was certified and had his safety sticker on his saw........................

It is very disturbing to me your skydiving club is falling apart- also breaks my heart as this is the sport I love. [:/]:(:S:S:S

No doubt in time there will be many skydiving clubs falling apart in our country.
>:(>:(>:(

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.