windcatcher

Your favorite healthy meal??

Deep friend twinkies, with a side of funnel cake... mhmm,fat:S:P....

RevJim, what do I consider healthy? A meal consisting of some kind of lean protein, with fresh fruits or veggies, little-to-no extras. Sounds easy enough,eh?
Oh, your meal sounds yummmmmmmmmm-mmmmmmmmmy!

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Oh, your meal sounds yummmmmmmmmm-mmmmmmmmmy!

thanks... its like the bestest meal ever!

hey, I was talking to Rev!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(:D:P

:D:D:D

LOL, The steak is my favorite (grilled, of course) but the chicken is quite good, and very lean. Thanks. :)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

you should be able to afford to eat healthy IMHO, because if you don't take care of yourself now, those medical bills will add up to a lot more than groceries;). But, I do know how you feel, when I was still living at home before college, I'd get mad at my mom for not buying fresh fruits and veggies, and she'd tell me we couldn't afford them.:S[:/]

hey Rev! Try blackening a steak with Paul Prudhommes Blackened Redfish Magic, it makes the best steak ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B|

I'm a big fan of hummus.

Weggie wraps

I large wholewheat wrap/person
Baby greens, tomatoes, red peppers etc
Sliced black olives
Crumbled feta cheese
Hummus (any variety)
Roll up and enjoy!

Wholewheat pasta with hummus and veggies

Cook pasta, mix with a variety of sauted vegetables (broccoli, red peppers, red onions, etc and garlic)
Add hummus and some cheese of your choice (again, feta works best)
Easy, yummy, good for you!

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

well I was exaggerating a bit, veggie = corn, grits or potatoes/potatos to me, meat is to be deep fried and if it isnt cooked in lard or smothered in gravy its just yuck to me. I am from the south, we eat good , and we have a longer life span on avg then big city folk.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

you should be able to afford to eat healthy IMHO, because if you don't take care of yourself now, those medical bills will add up to a lot more than groceries;). But, I do know how you feel, when I was still living at home before college, I'd get mad at my mom for not buying fresh fruits and veggies, and she'd tell me we couldn't afford them.:S[:/]

hey Rev! Try blackening a steak with Paul Prudhommes Blackened Redfish Magic, it makes the best steak ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B|

No no no no, fish and chicken may be blackened, not a good cut of steak! B|:P

I'm not a steak purist like some here (seasalt only), but I'm not far off. I personally prepared it (on the grill) with a light amount of seasoned salt and some lemon pepper. Yum! Medium Rare too, btw. :)
It's your life, live it!

veggie = corn, grits or potatoes/potatos to me, meat is to be deep fried and if it isnt cooked in lard or smothered in gravy its just yuck to me

OK, I was going to start a "cheap home-cooked food" thread, but dunno now...

Howzabout okra? :ph34r:

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

okay you big wuss!!!!!!!!!!!! Just coat the steak with the Magic, and then grill it! Trust me!!!! I KNOW good steak--I grew up eating RIBEYES, medium rare too, with the Magic------------come on, be adventurous and try the MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! B|

okay you big wuss!!!!!!!!!!!! Just coat the steak with the Magic, and then grill it! Trust me!!!! I KNOW good steak--I grew up eating RIBEYES, medium rare too, with the Magic------------come on, be adventurous and try the MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! B|

Try the seasoning salt and lemon pepper. My wife literally can't eat a steak in a restarant anymore. I spoiled her. :D
It's your life, live it!

Ya know, I never did see that at Skyfest :D.

That said, another good meal that's easy and healthy is minestrone.

Tomato sauce or juice (or store brand V8 juice)
pre-cooked pasta
a little frozen corn, green beans, some leftover beans (you DO have leftover beans, right?)
spice to taste

Cook them all together until warm and the flavors are blended (doesn't take much blending -- I usually cook until it's hot). You can add tomato paste if you like it thicker.

Also, when you make spaghetti, put some fresh spinach into the sauce as it's cooking. It will thicken up the sauce, be indetectible as spinach, and end up with a richer flavor. Use whole wheat pasta.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Ya know, I never did see that at Skyfest :D.

That said, another good meal that's easy and healthy is minestrone.

Tomato sauce or juice (or store brand V8 juice)
pre-cooked pasta
a little frozen corn, green beans, some leftover beans (you DO have leftover beans, right?)
spice to taste

Cook them all together until warm and the flavors are blended (doesn't take much blending -- I usually cook until it's hot). You can add tomato paste if you like it thicker.

Also, when you make spaghetti, put some fresh spinach into the sauce as it's cooking. It will thicken up the sauce, be indetectible as spinach, and end up with a richer flavor. Use whole wheat pasta.

Wendy W.

I;ll have to try that spinach in the spaghetti thing; did you know you can also used spahetti squash for spaghetti? It's pretty good, in fact maybe I;ll make some next week! B|

I was camouflaged in mud, so I really didn't need the bikini. I was the hottest hippo at Skyfest!!

Monday I made a pasta salad with fake crab legs, diced fresh jalapeno, red bell pepper, roma tomato, a few snow peas, stuffed garlic olives (sliced), red onion, a little bit of cucumber, all seasoned with fat-free ginger sesame seed dressing, topped with low fat feta cheez - it was really, really good..yummy.

is

To save money I eat ramen noodles or tuna (with chopped celeries, boiled eggs, onions,
pepper and salt, sometimes finely chopped pickles) with crackers or bread.

I can’t afford steak like most people….

Oh, if you live in the Houston area, there’s this sushi place on Bellaire called Hokkaido
And they have all you can eat miso soup or red bean soup! It’s very clean and the sushi
Is delicious. The price a lot cheaper or decent compared to Uptown Sushi or something!
----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------
If you want to see the rainbow, you gotta put up with the storm. God bless! :)