Tommy_O

PD Storm - 120 or 135?

Hi there,

300 jumps, all in 18months, now mainly wingsuit, bit of freefly, bit of everything else.

Flying a Sabre 2 150 at the moment, love my canopy control. Did Brian Vacher's safe flight school. All nice landings.

If anyone with 300 jumps came up to me and asked the same question, I would be shouting 135!!! You'll kill yourself!

But then, the Storm is a 7 cell, has a powerful flare, and the PD website lists it's recommended maximum loadings as a 120 at more of an equivalent to a Sabre 2 150 than a 135!

So, would it be stupid of me to get a 120? Or is that an acceptable move.

Cheers,

Tom

If anyone with 300 jumps came up to me and asked the same question, I would be shouting 135!!! You'll kill yourself!

--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

see your from peterlee mate why not ask tyhe instructors there. Cess is a crew jumper as well as a experianced instructor/jumper why not ask him !. Or Ask your CCi he has the ultimate say if you jump something or not at his dz, good luck.

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

....But then, the Storm is a 7 cell, has a powerful flare, and the PD website lists it's recommended maximum loadings as a 120 at more of an equivalent to a Sabre 2 150 than a 135!

What does a powerful flare have to do with it being acceptable or unacceptable for your to fly?

If you are going that route to justify the choice you might as get one of those new sub 100 cross braced canopies crw that they are working on.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

The amount of shit you can get into increases exponentially as you decrease canopy size...

Take it slow and step down gradually, you'll be glad you did later :)
Edited to add: PD's webpage on the Storm indicates 68kg as Intermediate for the 135 & 65kg as Advanced for the 120... Sure, the aspect ratio might be lower than a Sabre, but it's still a big step from 150 to 120.

Have you demoed some Sabre 135's? They're a lot of fun!

A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125