ACMESkydiver

What are your favorite musicals?

I love musicals! My favorite movie/musical of ALL TIME is The Sound of Music. :)
But I also LOVE 'Calamity Jane', with Doris Day. B|

What are some you've seen? I got to see 'The Producers' live at the Paramount Theater in Seattle, as well as Little Shop of Horrors (both were good, they ended Lil' Shop differently than in the movie ;))
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

"Singing in the rain" I love that one or "Mary Poppins"

Don't think I've ever seen Singing in the Rain...and I love MAry Poppins, but I'm kinda sick of it. :S The twins went through a Mary Poppins phase and we had to watch it every day...:P
~Jaye

I love Phantom. Really enjoyed Rent. Seen a lot more. If you count Blue Man Group (more performance), I thought that rocked.

I haven't ever seen any of those! I have got to break down and rent Phantom of the Opera one of these days...
~Jaye

I love Phantom. Really enjoyed Rent. Seen a lot more. If you count Blue Man Group (more performance), I thought that rocked.

I haven't ever seen any of those! I have got to break down and rent Phantom of the Opera one of these days...

I never watched the movie. The show was amazing though. The music is the best.

"Singing in the rain" I love that one or "Mary Poppins"

Don't think I've ever seen Singing in the Rain...and I love MAry Poppins, but I'm kinda sick of it. :S The twins went through a Mary Poppins phase and we had to watch it every day...:P

Gene Kelly is phenomenal and Debbie Reyolds is just too cute, she also does a great job as Graces mom in Will and Grace.
What you do speaks so loud, I cannot hear what you say.

I looooove going to see Musicals

My all time favorite is Rent, it has a very personal meaning for me.
I also love Phantom of the Opera.
Chicago on Broadway was a great show.

The list goes on an on... I think I've seen about 20 Broadway shows now and I've loved most of them B|

I think we have the same taste in shows... I used to live in NYC and went to school right down the street from Blue Man Group. It was really cool, b/c you could go see the show for free if you were an usher for the show. Good stuff :)

For me it would be The Producers by Mel Brooks.

I saw that on stage in Seattle...but it didn't have Mel or Matthew Broderick in it. >:( They pulled out of the show by the time it hit the left coast. Pissed me off!

It was still good, though. I loved the 'Hitler in Springtime' sequence in that show! :D
~Jaye

Phantom of the Opera
Cats
Ragtime
Les Miserables
Brigadoon
Evita
Miss Saigon
Beauty and the Beast
Fiddler on the Roof
Chicago
Guys and Dolls
Threepenny Opera

There's a lot of others I haven't seen but like the music:

Tell Me on a Sunday
Camelot
Chorus Line
Lion King (saw the movie tho)
and a bunch of others I can't think of right now.

I think we have the same taste in shows... I used to live in NYC and went to school right down the street from Blue Man Group. It was really cool, b/c you could go see the show for free if you were an usher for the show. Good stuff :)

the first 'real' musical i saw was Tommy (at the winter garden in toronto). totally spoiled me for anything after it. Phantom (again in toronto, forget the theatre) was a bit of a disappointment, mostly because my add kicked in and i stopped paying attention about halfway through.

blue man group rocks! i've seen the show in boston, new york, vegas (twice) and chicago, plus the 'complex' tour in milwaukee and syracuse. going to see the toronto show in two weeks. oh yeah, i have a collection of spin arts as well, one from each venue, hoping to get toronto's when we get there. i'm not the big fan though, that would be the missus.
:DB|
we'd like to get to europe sometime, and catch the show in berlin while we're there.
:S:S:S:S:S
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

I saw that on stage in Seattle...but it didn't have Mel or Matthew Broderick in it. They pulled out of the show by the time it hit the left coast. Pissed me off!

No need to be pissed, they filmed a movie musical with Lane and Broderick in May 05. Susan Stroman, director from Broadway also directed this one. Should be out by the end of the year.

I loved the 'Hitler in Springtime' sequence in that show!

Oh yeah. Only Mel Brooks could get away with that. A close second was 'little old lady land'.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Joseph & His Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat yet....

that has got to be the best as far as variety of music, story, and overall entertainment!!!
If you haven't seen it yet...try to!

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Joseph & His Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat yet....

that has got to be the best as far as variety of music, story, and overall entertainment!!!
If you haven't seen it yet...try to!

I need to, I keep telling myself I have to check that one out!
~Jaye