Steel

Are impersonators disingenius?

I think not. However, the question is far more complicated than just that.
I think if you look the part then you should be treated as such and even allowed to switch your paperwork.
Now why should I be labled and had my rights infringed upon just because Ford wanted it that way.
The reality is that I don't care if you brought a doctor of automotives to examine us carefully, there is no way that they can tell me apart from the driver of a one ton. It annoys me so much that people just assume that due to simple titles, there must be some truth behind them. There isn't you can even check the part numbers to find that an F-250 and and F-350 are exactly the same truck with 3 differences. One difference is the 250 or 350 badge. Then the 350 uses more heavy duty leaf springs (but this can be ordered as an extra option on the 250) and the 350 has 2 inch spacers making it stand 2 inches taller. Well my baby has after market front leaf springs giving it an extra 8", and Spring hangers and shackles which give it 4.5" on top of the leaf spring differences and 5 inch rear block with 7" rear leaf Springs.
So then why can't I change my registration to say that I have a 350. With a 350 you don't need to wear a seat belt. See my rights are being infringed upon. Well for what its worth I went ahead and changed my badges to say 550. But I can't change the freakin registration. Again What the hell makes 550 drivers so special. You say they drive a 2 ton truck. But there truck is not so much different than mine. I pass 550's all the time and am much taller than them. I have the same 7.3 liter diesel engine with a 3.73 transmission. So they have 10 lug nuts and I have 8, so what... I still can pass for a 550 driver. Its not like people are looking at my 550 badges going ha ha, thats really a 250. Hell for all they know, I am really what I impersonate. I could have gotten the 650 badges but I know, can't pass for a 650 driver. The 650 is a different truck with a 4.10 transmission and I respect it. But even that still has my same freakin engine.

If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

:S?

See and here I thought skydivers had more of a sense of humour and could run with this better. I am dissappointed.
Oh well...

>Now why should I be labled and had my rights infringed upon just
> because Ford wanted it that way.

Dude - if you want to put a sticker on your truck claiming it's a B-2 bomber - go for it. You could even get one of those wings for the back. Whatever makes you happy.

>Now why should I be labled and had my rights infringed upon just
> because Ford wanted it that way.

Dude - if you want to put a sticker on your truck claiming it's a B-2 bomber - go for it. You could even get one of those wings for the back. Whatever makes you happy.

But you see that is just it. You can tell that my truck is not a B-2 bomber because it doesn't have wings. But most people can't tell that its not a 550 and nobody can tell that its not a 350. Its just a title that was put on it by its creator, Ford.

Now this title affects me, because legally I can't tow or carry as much weight, because its rated for less. But since we know its the same truck, its just underated. Also there is the fact of the seat belt. I hate seat belts and legally people in trucks with a carrying capacity over 1 ton don't have to wear seat belts.
I guess after all these years of being forced to wear a seat belt its become humorous, but it is wrong to have big brother looking out for you. I shouldn't be forced to wear a seat belt, "for my own good".

>because legally I can't tow or carry as much weight . . .

Do you really think you'll get a ticket for that? "Sorry, son, but this truck's rated for a load of 1200 pounds, and I see 1250 pounds in the back of that truck." Put whatever you want in the back! I'd bet you dollars to donuts that unless you plow into someone with a massive load no one is ever going to care.

> I guess after all these years of being forced to wear a seat belt its become humorous, but it is wrong to have big brother looking out for you. I shouldn't be forced to wear a seat belt, "for my own good".

disregarding the rest of the dribble, do you honestly beleive that they make you wear seat belt ONLY for your own good?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I can't believe that you can't see it. It is all symbolic.

There is no reason to wear seatbelts. It is not just that The Man is holding you down, that is the obvious, the superficial. It is deeper than that. Seatbelts are the way that The Man shows others that you are controlled.

"...every time he gets in his truck, I show the world what a p--- he is. He has to wear the belt because I say so."

Nobody puts on a seatbelt because of fear of a collision. It is just a sign that the govt uses to show others how your conformity can be forced on you in any piddling fashion that it wants.

Awake, brother.
:)

> I guess after all these years of being forced to wear a seat belt its become humorous, but it is wrong to have big brother looking out for you. I shouldn't be forced to wear a seat belt, "for my own good".

disregarding the rest of the dribble, do you honestly beleive that they make you wear seat belt ONLY for your own good?

Well the only other reason that comes to mind is the insurance companies wanting to save money on less injury claims. But, I don't recall the insurance companies lobbying to make it law. I think it was whiners that wanted to "look out for their fellow man", kind of like the canopy nazis we, as skydivers for personal freedom, deal with now.