sharimcm

Are tattoos really addictive?

I don't care much for people with any tat's...it's a fad.

Yep. A fad thats been going on for literally thousands of years and shows no signs of stopping.

Thats one hell of a fad ;)

I have 6. My most recent (just finished a few weeks ago) is a dragon wreathed in flames that takes up my entire right upper arm from elbow to shoulder and completely encircles the arm.

I'll post pictures tonite if anyone wants to see...
__

My mighty steed

I have 13 that were practically free. Lots of friends who owned parlors and pierced so I was their play toy. I'm very pale, color shows up great one me, all the tattoo artists want to get their hands on me :D Not really but hey, a girl can dream :D:ph34r:
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Don't really want any. Never been that kind of guy.

If I wanted one, then years later I think it was stupid and want it removed, then I spend a lot more money to get it off... I'd just sooner save the trouble and not get a tattoo in the first place... :P

To each their own though.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I got a tattoo about 12 years ago, and I have been wanting another one ever since... but I haven't been able to come up with anything else that I want, so I haven't gotten another one yet. I just really enjoyed the experience of getting a tattoo and would like to do it again (perhaps that is because I am a weirdo :$).

i have 3 and i'm not done yet...i wouldn't say "addictive" is the right word...for me, each one is a marker of something important in my life. i choose to imprint milestones in my life on myself, permanently...so i guess the ritualistic aspect is addictive to me, but that's more of the mental side of it.

Yep, started with one small one on my left upper arm, now a full back,complete sleeve rt. arm,Celtic symbol left pec. ex-wifes name under left nipple, Celtic symbol below the name, Dragon with the tail wrapped around rt. nipple, below that a trbute to 9/11, an Ankh left forearm, Alien head left calf and on the rt. calf a tibeten symbol. And I still want more
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

My advice would be if everyone is doing it, don't . .

That's the other reason I haven't gotten one. I guess I've always been the anti-cool. Too many people getting them, and I figure I'll wait it out. Tattoo parlors will always be there if I ultimately decide to get one.

The main reason I haven't gotten one is fear that I'd like the first one too much and go get more. I honestly don't want to be covered but I think that if I got one, I'd eventually find myself with a body suit.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I just met with my artist (my brother) over lunch and he had my drawings for my next one with him.B| He gave me three drawings and i liked a little out of each one. He is now working on combining them into one tat and then he will do the work. The symbolic part to me is that it is some of my little brothers original artwork.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I never got a tattoo to be cool. I never got a tattoo for the means of impressing anyone else. I got tattos, because it was a decision I made- a decision to alter my body, for me. Prsonally, I really like the way they look on me. Thats my reasoning- but never to be cool.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

Google "Endorphin High" and perhaps it will help you understand... it is possible that you werent there long enough to experience it...

but there are means to achieve the same effect that leaves no visible scars... the marks are just as permanent, but you'll be the only one who knows they are there.... :)

I don't care much for people with any tat's...

Too bad, I can be a cool guy and a good friend when people don't disqualify me before ever meeting me:o!

Also when you get older and skin shrinks / ages they look like shit!

The "person" or the "Tat"?

I personally enjoy the time in the chair, especially when you are working on a piece that can take numerous hours to complete. I believe the fad you are referring to are the "Welcome Mats" etc. that a lot of females are sporting these days. Their choice!

Each person has their reasons for "inkin'" themselves up, mine is one of self-expression. BTW.. Unless I'm shirtless, you can't even see mine;)
Anvil Brother #69

Sidelined with a 5mm C5-C6 herniated disk...
Back2Back slammers and 40yr old fat guys don't mix!

Yeah, "cool" never came into it. mine are markers for specific events. Each are symbolic, and over time they become something more than they were, within a short time they're no longer something ON your skin, but a part of who you are, and something that evolves with you - which people with tats will understand and people without will scratch their heads and wonder what I'm talking about.

With the exception of the guy/girl who wanders into a tatoo parlor and gets something generic off the wall you'll find that for many people a tattoo is far more than just ink on skin. Scarification isnt something that most people do lightly, nor is it a new phenomenon. For many its something far deeper, even though they may not admit it if asked.

Of course, that doesnt stop the occasional attention whore who likes to show all their ink all the time.:P

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

Here it is... A pic of my new addition. :)
Edited to add - the picture was taken at an angle. It is straight and even on my back. Who knows, one day you too can see it in person. ;)

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself