SkiD_PL8

Quote of the day

So here I am sitting at work when this girl I work with comes over to me with her cell phone dripping wet and asks me what she should do. I turned it off, took the battery out, sat it on a fan and told her to come back in an hour. She just came back I put it together and it works fine. She said "Thank you so much, some things are good wet but my cell phone isn't one of them."

Greenie in training.

So here I am sitting at work when this girl I work with comes over to me with her cell phone dripping wet and asks me what she should do. I turned it off, took the battery out, sat it on a fan and told her to come back in an hour. She just came back I put it together and it works fine. She said "Thank you so much, some things are good wet but my cell phone isn't one of them."

So...she dropped in the toilet?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Blues,
Dave

Don't you have experience with drowned cell phones, Dave?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Tell her to get a new phone. Even though it is working, the minute they hit water when they are on, they're dead. If she doesn't it will flake out on her in a few weeks. :(
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

haha you should of got her number
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Tell her to get a new phone. Even though it is working, the minute they hit water when they are on, they're dead. If she doesn't it will flake out on her in a few weeks. :(

Lies, I am attracted to water like a magnet when drunk and mine has went swimming several times. The above mentioned method has worked everytime for me. A friend of mine also tested it on a video camera in TF after he took it for a swim. As for her number I don't need it my girlfriend is hot.

Greenie in training.

Uhhh, if it was wet and on vibrate mode, then it didn't fall in the toilet. :o:D:P

Actually she dropped it in a glass of Dr.Pepper. That however would have made for a much more interesting conversation.

Greenie in training.

Actually she dropped it in a glass of Dr.Pepper..

So we add high fructose corn syrup and all the other chemical crap that's in soda to the list of things that will degrade the components of this phone ... yep, I'm with those who say this puppy's dead within a few weeks!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Corn syrup does not degrade electronics lol.

Well, maybe not degrade, but certainly muck up ...

http://www.markusleonhardt.de/en/oelrechner.html[/url] Not really, there is a picture of a computer sitting in a fish tank full of oil.

Dielectric oil or Fluorinert is different from soda.;) The phone almost certainly won't have it's normal lifespan, and unless the phone was rinsed with distilled water, then alcohol, it'll probably start to oxidize / corrode its metals over the next few weeks to months.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

...She said "...some things are good wet but my cell phone isn't one of them."

And you didn't pick upon that??????:D
Hello?....Hellooooo????

Yeah, you have an SO...you could have passed her on to your buddies...:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Uhhh, if it was wet and on vibrate mode, then it didn't fall in the toilet. :o:D:P

Actually she dropped it in a glass of Dr.Pepper. That however would have made for a much more interesting conversation.

Mine fell of my dash board into my coffee cup...[:/]
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.