waltappel

more armadillo pics

Is that food from a MRE? If so you could have given him a better last meal:D:)

Scrambled egg yolks. I eat a lot of eggs (typically, 6 per day) but I don't eat the yolks. Instead of throwing them out I cook them and feed the armadillos.

Armadillos normally eat bugs so scrambled egg yolks are a real treat. The armadillo in the pics shows up every night and he expects those eggs to be there!!!

I put out dry cat food or dry dog food for the raccoons, but the armadillo isn't interested--he wants those eggs and a few bugs for dessert. I don't know whether armadillos have teeth. If they do, they aren't very big, so I think they really prefer soft foods--especially foods that they don't have to work for.

Tonight he quickly ate six egg yolks and was hungry for more. I don't know what he would think of MREs, but personally I find them quite tasty although way too high in fat.

Walt

You mean those things are actually alive? I thought they were born dead in the road!;)

Yep, they do live and breathe at some point in their lives. They are, in fact, the official state mammal of Texas and if there is such a thing as a sacred animal here, the armadillo would be it.

Walt

You mean those things are actually alive? I thought they were born dead in the road!;)

Yep, they do live and breathe at some point in their lives. They are, in fact, the official state mammal of Texas and if there is such a thing as a sacred animal here, the armadillo would be it.

Walt

Not only that, they have been known to skydive!

I attached a copy of the logo from Skydive Temple in Salado, TX, where TLML and I made our first jumps.

BTW Mr. Groundrush.com, the link to Skydive Temple is in need of updating.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Whoa, cool photos. That's freaky how he lets you get so close. Haven't you seen that TV show "When good armadillos turn bad"? Someday he's gonna jump on your face and gnaw it off! Don't say I didn't warn you. ;)

Well if he does, he'd better do it when I have the video camera on!!!

Walt