cbain

Got the Job!

I just got a job offer yesterday from the interview I had in Sunnyvale, CA and I accepted! It was almost a 30% increase in what I was making, which I know most of that is due to the cost of living out there but damn it sure does feel good to see those numbers! They're also paying relocation, not that we have much to relocate after hurricane Katrina but it includes 30 days in temp housing. So look out all you Nothern Cali peeps we'll see ya soon! Oh my gosh, I'm so nervous, new job, new town, new practically everything, again! We'll also miss all of our Gold Coast friends and wish you guys the best of luck down there, look out for the hurricanes!

Blue skies,
Christina & Al

As far as I've heard, the planes and the hangar in Slidell did ok. The airport in Slidell is North of I-12 so on relatively high ground. I did hear that the DZO got some water in her house in MS so not sure what the status of gear, etc is, or where it was located at the time.

Christina

So we'll see you at Davis in about 3 weeks then? ;):D

Enjoy the drive across the country. I'm jealous, I love long road trips.

Al just sent his canopy back to the manufacturer for some updates so we're sharing mine until his gets back. At least he's done some jumps, I haven't jumped since early April! Was hoping to loss some weight to get to 1.25 WL instead of the 1.4 I've been at but the stress of all this hurricane bs hasn't been any help! And getting even more uncurrent is helping either!

The drive should be interesting. Wouldn't be too bad except the 3 cats will make it "challenging". I'm selling the '91 Geo Prizm to my 18 year old brother and we're just going to have one vehicle for a while.

Christina