Smokis

Waiting for Dell :(

I know this is a strange first post, but I figured I got to start somewhere. I've been lurking here for a while now, about a month.

Anyways,
I ordered my wife a Dell laptop this week and we received confirmation that they received the order and also put a charge on the Visa (basically holding the funds till it ships, they then take final payment at that time).

Well they send you an order number to track your order with, but when I enter this tracking number on the dell website, it shows that the order is non existant. Which doesn't bother me too much since it is supposed to take up to 48 hours for it to show.

I guess I'm just venting here cause I've nevered ordered a fully PC/Laptop from an online dealer before and I'm a little nervous. I'm especially nervous in dealing with Dell, sometimes they hit the nail on the head and other times they have turned peoples PC purchases into complete nightmeres.

I built a computer last January with parts I ordered online, but that was from a more local retailer and I had my parts in less than a week.

Anyone else recently order from Dell? How long did it take for delivery?

I've ordered 3 computers from Dell over the past 3 months, and each time it was at my door in 1 week or less. I never had any problem with the order number, however. When they sent the confirmation I immediately checked the status and it was always in their tracking system.

I guess that is my biggest worry, that its not in the tracking system yet and it is going on 48 hours. I just sent off an email, but I don't expect a quick response.

My wife really needs this thing ASAP for school as we are both trying to share the one existing computer at home.

Oh well, patience I guess.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I have a Dell. I bought it about 2 years ago. Within a week of when I received it (sooner than I expected I might add), the pc became consumed with spyware. I called Dell support on the phone immediatedly and their techs walked me through uninstalling everything they had build and then reinstalling everything. I still have my pc today (of course) and they were so extremely helpful. It was a hugh, time consuming ordeal but their tech stayed with me, talking me through it for hours. I'm happy with my purchase.

I have a Dell. I bought it about 2 years ago. Within a week of when I received it (sooner than I expected I might add), the pc became consumed with spyware. I called Dell support on the phone immediatedly and their techs walked me through uninstalling everything they had build and then reinstalling everything. I still have my pc today (of course) and they were so extremely helpful. It was a hugh, time consuming ordeal but their tech stayed with me, talking me through it for hours. I'm happy with my purchase.

Might I recommend laying off the midget pr0n?

:P