lawrocket

Favorite Board Games

My wife has said she wants to get some board games. Considering our new house, we have become the gathering place for family and friends. She and her family are often entertained by board games, and shed like to get some.

I want Trivial Pursuit, but she won't let me play it since she says it's no fun with me kicking everyone's asses at it all the time. >:( She is interested in more funny and interactive games that are fun for friends and family of all ages.

So, any suggestions you all have would be nice.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

My wife has said she wants to get some board games. Considering our new house, we have become the gathering place for family and friends. She and her family are often entertained by board games, and shed like to get some.

I want Trivial Pursuit, but she won't let me play it since she says it's no fun with me kicking everyone's asses at it all the time. >:( She is interested in more funny and interactive games that are fun for friends and family of all ages.

So, any suggestions you all have would be nice.

Its not a board game, but I LOVED "Trouble" as a kid. Not very intellectual though, but me an my mom would laugh until it hurt playing.

I like Clue, Monopoly, and Scrabble.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

It is all about RISK! Nothing better than plotting to take over the world and then doing it in a matter of a few hours right? ;)

Edited to add: If you are clearly superior to the rest of you competition just drink faster than they do it will even the odds. Also you can play teams and pair the new people with the pros. I spent a drunken night playing risk with the new guy asking me every turn, "can I try to take over north america now?" After enough glasses of wine I said "you won't make it but go ahead and try." He tried and failed and we lost. I almost managed to win solo after he was wiped out but was just not lucky with the dice that night.

Greenie in training.

definitely all about cranium.. .its the ultimate clusterfuck of board games... its great... it has a little trivia.. a little charades... pictionary... etc etc... tons of fun :) highly recommended :)
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Phase 10 is a fun card game.
Pictionary
Scrabble
Trivial Pursuit played in teams evens-out the playing field. Also, there are different versions. I kick butt in the Pop Culture version. It has a dvd with it and the rules are a little different, you can steal the pie from people.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I have after playing one game of risk for 2 days thrown a tantrum and knocked the game over I HATE RISK :(

Yeah my first year out of HS me and some friends all had apartments in the same building and we would get together every night to play some risk and all got to be pretty good. One night we were playing a team game and a guy on the other team tried to rush us and died, his partner got pissed and yelled "fuck you I told you not to rush, we forfiet, NUCLEAR BOMB!!" and sent the board flying across the room.

Greenie in training.

It is all about RISK!

I've got the game, but we never play it. I have to wait until my little brothers come up to try a game of it. The wife isn't interested in learning, and a couple of her brothers would be interested if we can set aside a whole night to play it. I love the game.

Cranium, though, looks like a nice one to balance out everybody.

My wife is hotter than your wife.