skysprite

Post your dropzone dogs!

trouble is that even though your dog may be OK in the packing area others who's dogs aren't thinks it is ok to bring there dogs.

Cara has just one question for you, if she is not allowed in the packing area where is she supposed to pack her canopy?:P All kidding aside, I don’t even bring Cara into the packing area and there are even some skydivers that should not be allow there. You know, the ones that walk through tripping over lines and are oblivious that they are walking on the rest!:SAnd I really like the people that bring food and drink in.....just an accident waiting to happen there.[:/]
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

A drop zone is an adult’s playground. It is not a place for dogs or children

Amen

At Couch Freaks this year, there were dogs running & Crapping all over. They made several announcements over the PA system, to clean up after the dogs, keep them on a leash, etc.
Saturday night, at the hanger party, someone put a Blue flashing collar on their dog & let it run around. Cute.>:(

Jake, how many times do I have to tell you, your dog is not stupid. He just acts like that cause he knows that he has to make you look smarter then him:P
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I'd never bring my dog to couch freaks way to easy for it to get hurt or drunk. Plus if something should happen and it gets loose the runway is right there putting it in danger. I've taken Fox to Eloy, but like Rose she hung out in/by the car or tent, which are far enough from the drunks that they aren't tempted to offer her a little something extra in her water.

In the last month I've been doing a lot of traveling with my dogs and here is what I've noticed.

1) People in the midwest (ND, SD, NE) do not pick up after their dogs. Piles of poop around the hotels and at the rest areas. My relatives were shocked that I picked up after my dog at every house I was at including the farm and I brought my own bags. Ok well I didn't pick up the poop my Belgian left in the cow pasture but I figure you would be watching your step there anyway. ;)

2) People in the west (CO, CA, UT) pick up after their dogs, hotels were clean as were rest areas. Everywhere you go when you see people with dogs you see them with bags, hiking trails are clean and even dog parks are clean.

There are a lot of good pet owners, and there are bad pet owners, but those bad pet owners cause incident that everyone talks about and end up ruining things for the good pet owners.

Of course, I hope everyone here realizes that it's not the dogs fault for doing what they do it is 100% the owners fault for for allowing the behavior. Dogs are dogs and are going to do what they do, it's our job as an owner to make sure that when they act like a dog it's at an appropriate time and place. Then again I'm probably to hard on my Belgian, poor thing is going to end up being a little robot by the end of the year.
Fly it like you stole it!

Jake, how many times do I have to tell you, your dog is not stupid. He just acts like that cause he knows that he has to make you look smarter then him:P

for one.....like katiebear said once.....you have never met my dog.....

for two....i never said he is stupid....he is very inteligent....just retarded....theres a diffrence. :P
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

I have met your dog:P

And he's not retarded. Like I said before, he acts that way to make you look good.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Oh yeah....but your dogs are cool, and "well behaved"

I would be too if she put a collar and leash on me.:o:):P;)

You are way too easy:ph34r:

Where the hell is the most famous DZ dog of all?

BILLY BOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

I'm so sorry about Herc. Pleazse PM me with who's dog it was and if they might be at the boogie. You know we're a dog dropzone and I won't stand for someone bringing an aggressive dog to my DZ.
Actually, aside from Momma Dog, my dogs, and the Carbones, it won't be a dog DZ that weekend.
Attached is Momma dog, she's the Thomaston airport dog. Also mine and Jen's babies, Turkey and Oppie!

Trey

http://www.skydiveatlanta.com
http://www.musiccityskydiving.com

I'm so sorry about Herc. Pleazse PM me with who's dog it was and if they might be at the boogie. You know we're a dog dropzone and I won't stand for someone bringing an aggressive dog to my DZ.
Actually, aside from Momma Dog, my dogs, and the Carbones, it won't be a dog DZ that weekend.
Attached is Momma dog, she's the Thomaston airport dog. Also mine and Jen's babies, Turkey and Oppie!

Thanks Trey :)You can rest assured that Edwardo feels like total crap about his dogs actions. It turns out that Tommy (his dog) has not really been around other dogs and this is unfortunatly for Herc a lesson learned for him (Edwardo). He will not be bringing his dog around. He stopped by yesterday to see Herc and to pick up his copy of the Vet bill. He really feels bad "especially when he saw Herc". Herc shyed away from him probably cause he smelled Tommy on him [:/].
No worries he is a good guy and does not want to see this happen again.
See you and doggies soon,
<>
Tami

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it won't be a dog DZ that weekend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that sucks.

What I mean is dogs not running around everywhere. Normally we let dogs run as long as they are polite. But if everyone at a big event brings their dog and let's em run its like a kennel.
You can still bring em but they need to stay tied up out back unless you keep them on a leash next to you the whole time.
I'm a pet owner so I try to be understanding, but the vast majority of jumpers aren't and don't want animals running at a DZ, potentially stepping on lines and peeing on rigs.
We don't even really let ours out in the hangar during the Festival. Just long enough to show off their costumes! BTW there were some really funny dog costumes last year.

http://www.skydiveatlanta.com
http://www.musiccityskydiving.com

Tammi/Scotty, I was so sorry to hear about Herky. Hope he is healing well and not to traumatized by what happened. He's such a spunky, funny little guy I don't want him to ever change!

Where was Tommy when all this was going on?

Wish I was there to give him snacks like I got to do at Spacey when he was in his leg cast and post amputation healing.

Give him a good scratch behind the ears for me!

Blue skies,

Jim

Tammi/Scotty, I was so sorry to hear about Herky. Hope he is healing well and not to traumatized by what happened. He's such a spunky, funny little guy I don't want him to ever change!

Where was Tommy when all this was going on?

Wish I was there to give him snacks like I got to do at Spacey when he was in his leg cast and post amputation healing.

Give him a good scratch behind the ears for me!

Thanks Jim.....Tommy was right there by his side and went after the other dog when he attacked the Herc. Scotty threw a bottle at the Dog to get him off Herc and Tommy took off when the bottle hit the other dog. Tommy then went to check on Herc when he ran under the bus [:/]. Herc is progressing well but, I am honestly not sure at this point if he will be the same. He taking this worse than when he lost his leg [:/] [:/] :|. I am quite confident, once we get him out of HERE and to ZHills "his favirot DZ", all will be forgotten B|
<>
Tami

Karma isn't exactly a DZ dog... but she has spent some time at various DZs. Some Places she is able to roam around (Only if I can keep her out of packing areas) and other places I Kennel her (somewhere Shady and Cool... and with water...)

She doesn't usually mind being kenneled as that's how she spends most days anyhow... as long as I regularly let her out and walk her/play fetch or something...)

I won't pretend that she is an angel and she does occationally beg for attention (aka Bark, etc...) but generally speaking she is well behaved and always kept out of the packing area...

Scott

Tami I'm sorry to hear about Herc... I hope he gets better....

edited to add a recient (yesterday) photo of my girl... B|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

....Tommy was right there by his side and went after the other dog when he attacked the Herc....

YEAH! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!!

Condolences to Eduardo, too. Sounds like a cool dude.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...and there are even some skydivers that should not be allow there. You know, the ones that walk through tripping over lines and are oblivious that they are walking on the rest!...

:D:D:D
Some dogs are better behaved, eh?
Maybe a rolled up newspaper would help....:)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239