squink

Family dog put to sleep

I'm sorry :( That sucks I can't even think about when that time comes, I just hope he passes peacfully in his sleep. Just think he'll be waiting for you and in the meantime he will be happy running around and chasing squrriels or whatever he liked doing.

Blueskies, Green grass and red firehydrants

***Glory Favors the Bold***

I feel fortunate that you live across the pond.

looking at your happy, smiling face.. so do i luv !

please tell me you're not one of these psycho analizers that can tell what a person is like just by reading a few posts they make on the internet? i've been on the internet enough to have seen quite a few people who claim to be able to do that, and i've met the quite normal, quite sane (without personality disorders ;)) people that they claim to have analised and know everything about them and are qualified to say they are nutters/abnormal/have personality disorders... lighten up a bit, and smile.. you make me want to take prozac

you make me want to take prozac

I don't think that's a bad idea.

Why don't you quit while you're ahead there sunshine. I hope you really can't be stupid enough to alienate yourself on the largest skydiving website in the world right? Or maybe you are...

Jen
Arianna Frances

artistcalledian...

Can I respectfully ask that if you want to discuss internet psycho analysis or the rights and wrongs of your "joke" that you start another thread? Please leave this one for people to empathise with squink's loss.

Vicki

you make me want to take prozac

I don't think that's a bad idea.

Why don't you quit while you're ahead there sunshine. I hope you really can't be stupid enough to alienate yourself on the largest skydiving website in the world right? Or maybe you are...

Jen

I 'spect he fails to realize that his instructors et al. probably read here too.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

artistcalledian...

Can I respectfully ask that if you want to discuss internet psycho analysis or the rights and wrongs of your "joke" that you start another thread? Please leave this one for people to empathise with squink's loss.

Vicki

of course, i actually am sorry to hear of her loss... as i said, i know how it feels

Yup put our old dog down last November. Me and my old man balled out eyes out in front of the vets. He was 13, but we got him at around three. He was badly abused, timid and scared of everything. It took years to get him normal. My other dog is 12 now. Its hard to lose a pooch, takes time.

Man! I understand how horrible that is. I had to put my mini-dachshund to sleep a couple of years ago because he came in the backdoor dragging his back legs. The vet said there was nothing they could do except get him some wheels for his back legs, but he would still be in pain.

It took every ounce of strength (escpecially since I was 8 mos. pregnant) I had to drive him to the vet and hand him over.

What you did for your dog was a truly selfless act. I'm sorry for the pain you are going through and I hope you heal quickly.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

losing a pet is one of the most awful experiences ever.. people that have never had one tend to not understand their meaning... my parents called me last year to tell me they had to put our dog to sleep cause she had like 3 seizures in a row and was no longer functioning... granted i knew it was the best thing for her but i was SO bummed out... the worst was the next time i went home and she didnt greet me at the door like she always did... just a few weeks prior i was at my parents house cause i was really sick and she slept by my feet every night she was the best... my deepest condolences to you... and if you need to talk or anything just drop me a PM
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

I loved my Rotweiler. Even though I loved him so much I had to share him with friends as he was too big for me to eat all on my own.

We had him with Sweet&Sour sauce and rice - delightful!
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

Laugh, and the whole world laughs with you...

You were laughing alone.

squink I'm sorry for your loss. Loosing a loved one is never easy.

probably woulda been better to ignore the little pricks troll, he got what what all attention whores want...attention.

anyway Squink, i feel for ya too. We just had to put one of my rotties down, loved that lil girl to death, she had a "mass" growing and there nothing we could really do for her, she wasnt in pain or anything but i got so big she could stand anymore, she ate like horse but kept losing weight.

I dont even wanna think about when my other rottie or my Mastiff go, thats gonna suck hard, but i'm with ya keep ur head up [:/]

I'm so sorry about your furry friend. ((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

When my cat died about six years ago, my mom bought one of those blank diary books, and the whole family wrote our favorite kitty memories down in the book. The act of writing made us remember the good times and how much love he'd brought into our lives, and reading everyone else's memories helped us to smile. It's also nice to have a special keepsake so you remember everything that you'd end up forgetting years later.

No. I actually ate my dog. It was tasty.

Now I'm fattening up another one. This one is a chinese mut with a black tongue. Looks very digestable.

I don't typically chime in on stuff like this, (and I appreciate a tasteless joke probably more than most), but MAN, show a little sensitivity to the guy who lost a 17 year companion...:S
"I gargle no man's balls..." ussfpa on SOCNET

I'm with you..

It's amazing, every now and then, I see, hear or smell something and it makes me smile to think of an old friend of mine.... Amber, she was a smaher, friendly, unconditionally loving. We would run (or walk when she was older) for miles and miles down by our local river (she'd never go in ... not like our girls now).
Cheese...... I smell cheese and laugh my tit's off how she used to go potty around the kitchen if I opened the fridge.....

I'll never forget that terrible night, I stayed downstairs (even when she was younger, she'd never go up stairs, just sat at the bottom waiting) with her all night and she left the next morning. I'm not too big to tell you I wept like a baby.

They bring so much happiness and the brilliant memories never fade, I can asure you. You can never replace them but you can learn to share again. The girls are so different from Amber but their companionship reflects hers in oh so many ways. I come home pissed off at the crap that's bugged me all day and moments later WTF.....gone.... cananine anesthetic, you cannt beat it.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I know these things can be upsetting, but it was quite obviously a light hearted joke

If you genuinely knew how upsetting the loss of a pet can be, then you would not have made a "joke" of it. I don't see anyone else laughing.

your world is not turning in a different direction because i made it, so get of your sanctimonious soap box.

My world has not changed, but your lack of sensitivity to squink's obvious upset at the loss of her dog says far more about you than it does about anyone else. :S

Vicki

Agreed. It was inappropriate and insensitive. Artist, would you laugh if I said the same joke and you were the one who lost the pet at that moment? >:(

He probably would because as was said already, he is an ass.

If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

I know these things can be upsetting, but it was quite obviously a light hearted joke

If you genuinely knew how upsetting the loss of a pet can be, then you would not have made a "joke" of it. I don't see anyone else laughing.

your world is not turning in a different direction because i made it, so get of your sanctimonious soap box.

My world has not changed, but your lack of sensitivity to squink's obvious upset at the loss of her dog says far more about you than it does about anyone else. :S

Vicki

Agreed. It was inappropriate and insensitive. Artist, would you laugh if I said the same joke and you were the one who lost the pet at that moment? >:(

He probably would because as was said already, he is an ass.

why don't you try and read my answers? yours.... Mr Ass

why don't you try and read my answers?

Why don't you try to understand that there is no possible right answer?

What is called for is an apology. That's all. A simple apology.

Instead, you have tried to justify it, make light of it, defend it.

It is worse than inappropriate; it is indefensible, it is mean.

Just apologize or stfu.

Can I make it any plainer than that?

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

why don't you try and read my answers?

Why don't you try to understand that there is no possible right answer?

What is called for is an apology. That's all. A simple apology.

Instead, you have tried to justify it, make light of it, defend it.

It is worse than inappropriate; it is indefensible, it is mean.

Just apologize or stfu.

Can I make it any plainer than that?

rl

if there is no right answer, why should i shut the fuck up and do what you say?... surely, i'm as right as you are