blueskyserenity

I was awarded my first GRANT!!!

I'll certainly do that. UGA has a research station just outside of Monte Verde. It's an insect natural history course so we'll be covering alot of different bugs while we're there as well as working w/ local children and helping build bug collections. It's only for 2 weeks in May, but hey, got to start somewhere!!!
I like coconuts. You can break them open and they smell like ladies lying in the sun!

Yup, $5000. I wrote a proposal for an International Service-Learning project in Entomology in Costa-Rica and it got funded.

Is this our federal tax dollars at work?

If so, why is studying bugs in Costa Rica important to America? Let's hear how your proposal justifies that...

Yup, $5000. I wrote a proposal for an International Service-Learning project in Entomology in Costa-Rica and it got funded.

If so, why is studying bugs in Costa Rica important to America? Let's hear how your proposal justifies that...

Actually no, it's not a federally funded project. It was an International Development Education Award which was an internal competitive funding project w/in my university. Many people feel intrinsically motivated to develop international relationships and learn about other cultures.

I think my project, bugs, kids, experiential learning, giving back to our global community and caring about other people on this earth is a good thing. ;)
I like coconuts. You can break them open and they smell like ladies lying in the sun!

What he meant to say was.. are you going to be taking your Chaoskitty??? :D

That sounds awesome girl!! Congrats! Hopefully the first of many, you big bug nerd! :)

LOL! Robby decided not too long ago that I'm a geek, a dork and a nerd all in one package. I tend to agree. Scary!

Yeah Clay, tropical rainforests do generally have an abundance of bugs. Maybe I'll find a new insect species and name it after you!:)

Actually no, it's not a federally funded project. It was an International Development Education Award which was an internal competitive funding project w/in my university.

Actually, it would seem to be partially funded by our tax dollars, and partially by private donations.

See Here

It's great that you want to teach bugs to children in other countries. I just question whether this is how the taxpayers want their money spent.