grue

DB Cooper: Too obscure for a halloween costume?

I used that costum one year. I recommend that you wear black tennis shoes so your feet are comfortable. and that the main is cutaway but the container is closed with a block of foam other wise your back won't feel too good later on in the night. I wasn't very clear on what DB had to keep the money in when he left the plane but I used a 12 pack box full of beer and covered it with a brown paper bag so it was like a brief case and used a sharpie to draw a dollar sign on it.

You'll find that some of the older jumpers and even some that read up on the history of skydiving and related things will know what your costum is and the younger newer jumpers won't know at all.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

Dressing in a skydive outfit is weak. Specially if you are going to a skydiving party. :S:D

Nah, it's a party full of whuffos, 99% of whom don't know me or know I skydive, so I can get away with the "zero-cost costume" part of it :)
cavete terrae.

And he was only known as "DB Cooper" in the press. They made that part up.

The name that he gave to buy tickets was "Dan Cooper."

There were a few guys at DZs across the country who got visited by the suits because their initials were DC, their name was "Dan," or some other similarity.

I know one dude who went to a party dressed as Superman in a wheelchair with a short tube taped to the front of his neck! His wife didn't want him to do it, but he did anyway... :S :D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Dressing in a skydive outfit is weak. Specially if you are going to a skydiving party. :S:D

Nah, it's a party full of whuffos, 99% of whom don't know me or know I skydive, so I can get away with the "zero-cost costume" part of it :)

In that case, go for it. However, be careful with taking a rig to a party...unless your idea of party greatly differs than mine. ;)

For my type, there would be beer spillage, cigarette burns, and some sort of juice from the jungle.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

OMG - does anyone here watch Prison Break? This week, the young main character approached a 30-year 'tenured' inmate with the theory that he was DB Cooper.

He went through the whole thing - where he jumped, where he might have landed, how he could almost have gotten away until his car broke down, how he could have buried/hidden the money...

B|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

OMG - does anyone here watch Prison Break? This week, the young main character approached a 30-year 'tenured' inmate with the theory that he was DB Cooper.

He went through the whole thing - where he jumped, where he might have landed, how he could almost have gotten away until his car broke down, how he could have buried/hidden the money...

B|

Yeah, that has been going on all season. Its part of his escape plan.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

I missed a bit - all season, huh? They did 'flashback' to a map with tacks and string plotting out distances and likely directions...

'Mr. Cooper' denies, of course.

So, his plan is that DB will want out to get the money, and therefore help with the escape? Tell me more... :)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

What he said. I'm having a tough time coming up with a single skydiving costume that hasn't been done way too many times.

Are you thinking of wearing your own rig? Or trying to be historically accurate?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

And he was only known as "DB Cooper" in the press. They made that part up.

Actually it was the FBI. They had checked their database for the alias Dan Cooper, or D. Cooper. One that came up was an ex-con named Dan B. Cooper and this lead actually looked promising (something about his rap sheet). Anyway, it obviously wasn't him but they had gotten used to saying "DB Cooper" and it stuck thereafter.

So it was by communique with the FBI, that the press got the name out with the added initial.

...useless trivia.

N

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

I almost pissed my pants at "Superman in a wheelchair". I knew a guy who tied a small mattress to his back and wore a skirt. If a girl asked him what he was he would fall back on the mattress, spread his legs and put them up in the air, and say "I'm you". Many women got angry with him that night.Not a recommended costume.

http://www.SkydiveVids.com

Or, hang a sauce pot around your neck with a big fat dildo in it and go as "Peter Pan." Woman, and not a few men, won't be able to resist touching it!

I almost pissed my pants laughing when I read this one. "Peter Pan". Funniest thing I had ever heard for halloween until....

I clicked the link below and had to run to the bathroom. ROFLMFAO :D

Here's a good one

[url]http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/ballsy_halloween_costume.jpg

"I love 'lamp'."
-SKYMAMA