arlo

i have to say this about trent reznor...

trent reznor is god. seriously. i just returned from a NIN show in orlando and they were absolutely f-ing incredible. i am gonna be soooooo useless for the rest of the week after seeing that show. f-ing amazing.

Cool..i'm going in a couple weeks.

Tomorrow night we head off to the show.

Of the 3 best concerts I've ever seen, his Fragile tour (Providence, RI show) had to have been a 1 tie.

Awesome.

I am hoping he'll play some older stuff too. I think With Teeth is good and different (as he usually does) but I'm hoping some of the show will have sets with his old 'bite'.

Blues :)
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

i think you'll be pleased. he definitely dug into some of his classic stuff on this one - which was suuuuuuuuper nice to hear. i hear ya about the new album, too. it is definitely a little more "pop" sounding but like you said, TR makes things different.

i checked out their website and in his blog he apologized to orlando for, what he called, a "bad performance." wtf. i was floored with the entire show and that's saying something. the sound was incredible and the dirty was, well, DIRTY. i can't remember anything in recent time holding my attention for that long, but they did. so if THAT was a poor performance, i don't know if i could handle a "good" one (but i'd be willing to throw myself on THAT hand grenade to find out:P:D).

mark my words - you won't be disappointed. this ranks up there in my top handful as well. no question about it.

enjoy the show.

i checked out their website and in his blog he apologized to orlando for, what he called, a "bad performance."

He did a show out here a few weeks ago and put on his blog that the audience sucked. There was a big flap on the local alt radio stations about it.

I am soooo freaking jealous...my face is green :D

I missed them in Chicago :| Hrrm..might have to check to see if he is coming back thru :)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

That's awesome to hear

How long was the set?

not long enough. :P i know it was under 2 hrs but not sure exactly...maybe 90 mins.

btw, if you haven't seen TR in a while, you're gonna be sooooo surprised. he looks VERY different.

lis, i just rechecked the blog and the comment he made last night was no longer there. he said something like 'sorry orlando. i had a terrible performance. i got some bad news just before going on and the performance was bad. we had trouble with the lighting again. frustrated and something and tired of something and the touring.' i was a bit surprised to read that but even more so to see that it was gone just now. wonder why he'd say the crowd sucked? how could they possibly have a bad crowd for such a good show? :S oh well. perception, i guess. glad WE didn't suck.

btw, if you haven't seen TR in a while, you're gonna be sooooo surprised. he looks VERY different.

?????? What did he do??
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I was debating about going to see NIN at the MCI center next wednesday. Stupid Wednesday night concerts.

But, reading this, I think I will have to do that. I saw them in 95 with Bowie. That was an awesome show
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Saw him in Portland a month ago. F-ing spectacular, but I expected no less. TR's looking quite a bit like Henry Rollins to my eyes. Check out some of the pictures on www.nin.com/current .

PMS #394

I've been worshipping him for almost fifteen years.

Bow down before the one you serve.

Is that code for something? :D

I'm a casual NIN fan... like what I know of them, couldnt find the time to check them out in Tucson a few weeks ago, but they canceled in the end...hopefully I 'll make the effoprt to check them oput if they reschedule! lol...
Remster

are you guys meeting eric at the show? eric is my NIN buddy.

Nope - we had tickets LOOONG before. We tried to get them when the CD first came out but the venues sold out in seconds.

Least we got then this time around :)
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer