charmsdroppop

Proud to be from CHICAGO "KICKS ASS"

Only took you.. what? 88 years? :P

It's like a fine wine.....

And god damn, it taste amazing!

HEY HEY!!! GO GO SOX!!!! WORLD CHAMPS OF BASEBALL!

hehe...plus I made a decent amount of cash on my Vegas bet! woot!

Hell yeah ....We are bad ass. World Series Champs!

Notice no riots or any of that stupid junk? Just fans finally enjoying what should have been our so many times before.

Notice no riots or any of that stupid junk? Just fans finally enjoying what should have been our so many times before.

Uhh...so apparently you didn't hear about the couple of cars being set on fire? No, it definitely wasn't as stupid of a scene as when the Bulls won, I'll give you that, but people were still being stupid.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Pride in your municipal/community heritage, because a handful of silly men with big asses who were hired on multi-million dollar contracts from all over happened to toss around and smack some balls with more effectiveness and luck than a few other groups of the same ilk around the US this year?

Really?

Uhh...so apparently you didn't hear about the couple of cars being set on fire? No, it definitely wasn't as stupid of a scene as when the Bulls won, I'll give you that, but people were still being stupid.

Watched WGN news this morning and they made no mention of it. Figure the Tribune company would be the first to report something like that.

I was living on the west side one summer when the Bulls won. I spent the night in the basement with my baseball bat - the riot was that bad. One or two people being stupid? Ok, I can handle that over a riot or what happened on Division street in 2003.

Last night? I was out standing on the street with the rest of my neighborhood (south side) and taking it all in. Driving home from the bar in Oak Park to my area was a lot of fun as well - Harlem was lined with cheering fans, no one doing anything stupid, no one being a drunken idiot.

Pride in your municipal/community heritage, because a handful of silly men with big asses who were hired on multi-million dollar contracts from all over happened to toss around and smack some balls with more effectiveness and luck than a few other groups of the same ilk around the US this year?

Really?

It's a South Side thing, you wouldn't understand. ;)

I'm going to enjoy this all winter long. This will help keep me warm until spring training begins.

It wasn’t luck. Chicago had St. Michael on our side. Divine intervention combined with the righteousness of our cause meant that our foes were destined to be utterly vanquished, and they were. Mere silly mortals with big, er, bats indeed!*

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!

*On the bandwagon until March and then it’s back to billygoat Hell for moi. I'm genuinely happy for Bo and the other South Side Sufferers as well as my city.

Know what dude, people don't understand if your not from the CHICAGO. And miss Vallerina...from your profile sounds like your dissing your own. Geez..celebrate the present..get out of the past! Hello The White Sox won all 4 games!!!!! The rest of ya don't be so sore. And I did not here of any rioting with cars turned over. Must've been just one in "someones'" driveway. CHICAGO IS A ROCKIN' Cheers Always..
is it dark yet

You are one hell of a good sport to have that possitive attitude not even being a fan. YOU ROCK as well with the rest of us...Cheers always.

I'm first and foremost a baseball fan. I celebrate when a team that deserves it wins...except if it means my team lost.:P

Anyway, last year after 86 years the Red Sox won in a big way...8 straight wins to take the penant and the series. This year after 88 years the White Sox won with a clean sweep. That is baseball at its best.

You Chicagoans rock on! Victory is sweet. I still feel good about the Red Sox from last year. And I'll always have my '86 Mets.B|

Know what dude, people don't understand if your not from the CHICAGO. And miss Vallerina...from your profile sounds like your dissing your own. Geez..celebrate the present..get out of the past! Hello The White Sox won all 4 games!!!!! The rest of ya don't be so sore. And I did not here of any rioting with cars turned over. Must've been just one in "someones'" driveway. CHICAGO IS A ROCKIN' Cheers Always..

Finally found the police reports from that night. 8 Chicago area celebration related arrests. Much less than any previous celebration we have had in this city over the last 15 years.