HUSHPUPPY

I saw the coooolest thing today.......

While working in my yard this morning, I saw 2 bald eagles flying together very low (est. 100 feet) over my house as well as my neighbors. I watched them for at least 10 min...Then they flew to the south towards the gulf. I have known for several years that the Wildlife Service has been trying to re-establish the eagle population in the Fl. panhandle by releasing mating pairs. I hope this is one of those pairs, and I hope they are successfully reproducing....I just wish my 11 year old daughter had been hear to see it!B|

"You made my panties wet!" Skymama (Fitz 09)
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Those weren't eagles they were buzzards circling around all those dead possums on the number 4 fairway.:P:S;) Could you switch VV3E464 please?B|
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

A few years ago I came across two golden eagles on some cliffs in Utah. I happened to have my camera with me. I took a whole roll of film with them on the cliffs and culminating with the two of them taking off. I had the perfect shots with a telephoto lens. The camera was a 35mm, one that you had to manually rewind the film. Later in the week I opened the camera without rewinding and exposed the whole roll of film. I'll never know how those shots turned out.

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Very cool. They are a fairly common site around my house in Montana but I can't say I have ever seen one outside of Alaska or the PNW. Very majestic bird. We also have a lot Osprey in Montana. Not quite as pretty but also cool. Glad to hear the eagles are back in Florida.

While driving through New Mexico on a long straight road doing 85 with my brother on my tail a black dot appeared way off in the distance on the road.

As we got closer the dot resolved into a big-assed bird standing on a rabbit right in the middle of the road.

We blew by it at 85 and I swear, that bird never moved off the rabbit and gave me a look that said, "You asshole. How dare you interrupt my dinner. I ought to kick your ass."

It was not a buzzard. It looked like some sort of eagle or giant hawk. 3-4ft tall, mostly black, short neck, longish legs and a very bad-assed expression on his face.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

It was not a buzzard. It looked like some sort of eagle or giant hawk. 3-4ft tall, mostly black, short neck, longish legs and a very bad-assed expression on his face.

Ahhh the infamous North African One eyed EGRET!!!
You were lucky to escape with your life that day my friend. The Egret is one of the most deadly birds out there. Not many have seen one and been able to tell about it.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

A few weeks ago, I was rafting out in Utah and we saw a pair of bald eagles perched high above the river at the cliffline. We floated past them in awe. About 15 minutes later, they came flying down the river canyon about 30 feet over our heads. It was an amazing sight.