Jadera

Z1 Freefly helmet

I have one in my closet somewhere - nothing wrong with it, just wear my full face almost all the time now. I would highly recommend trying one on for sizing before buying. They run a little small. My size medium Z1 open face fits about the same as my size extra small Oxygn full face.

I own one. The other posters are right, they are definitely sized small, even with the measuring chart on paragear mine is still one size too small. The padding is decent though, i cut a small hole in the audible pocket of mine as i battled to hear my dytter initially. Put a few hundred on mine now with only some small wear and tear issues: the rubber where the strap connects has split and a few scratches but nothing that would make me stop wearing it.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I am considering of buying a freefly helmet. I saw that lot of freefliers wear Z1 open face helmet. does anybody have any comments (experience) on this helmet, or maybe suggest another one for similar price?
Thanx

I don't have one because I think they're kind of wimpy. A little on the soft side. I prefer a harder shell than what the EVO offers.
A similar style that I like is the SkySystems Hurricane.

I am considering of buying a freefly helmet. I saw that lot of freefliers wear Z1 open face helmet. does anybody have any comments (experience) on this helmet, or maybe suggest another one for similar price?
Thanx

I don't have one because I think they're kind of wimpy. A little on the soft side. I prefer a harder shell than what the EVO offers.
A similar style that I like is the SkySystems Hurricane.

Yup...better choice IMHO, and set up for audibles on the outside which is much more convenient.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Thanx...i think i know someone at my DZ who has one Z1 ..i will try it and see..
also, i beliewe that hurricane is much more expensive? is the difference in the quality obvious?

I don't think the price is that much different. The quality of the Z1 isn't really what I question. I think it's built well. It's the design and features that I don't care for. I think the Hurricane is well worth the extra bucks.
One thing that Airtwardo mentioned is the audible attachment. The Hurricane mounts on the outside. They will never be in the way. You do however need to make the extra effort to make sure they're secure. [I lost one recently due to riser slap] The Z1 allows for the audible to be held inside of the helmet but there really isn't any room for it so it becomes very uncomfortable.
The difference in design is easy to see. No helmet is perfect and selecting one is a very subjective process.