Skykat108

How'd you get your nickname?

This question just popped into my head...

How'd you get your nickname at the DZ?

Mine?

Well I actually had mine before I started jumping. I played MMO's (online video games)

I had two characters that I played all the time

Katina- Everquest
Sky-en- Star Wars Galaxies

I had a real life friend who played both those games with me and she would call me SkyKat. She came out to the DZ a few times, and called me that.. and that name stuck ^_^

My DZ nickname, given to me by Chris Martin (bows head in reverence.... ) was Doo-Dah, because of my last name, that is easily morphed into that. I'd land and they'd start singing "Camp town races sing that song, doo-dah, doo-dah..."

I wish I used that name here as well, but it's been sinker so long, well... and that name came b/c I'm 230 lbs, and I don't float very well [:/]

-the artist formerly known as sinker

I sure didn't pick it! I was babeling out how bad I was potatoe chipping on a dive and next thing I knew Evelyn and Loren put layboy on my locker. "Frito Lay chips" This was followed by gayboy and lameboy. What the fuck ever..
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

namgrunt

nam=viet nam
grunt= nickname for an infantryman

I was in viet nam from 1967to 1969 infantry recon section that was before there was anything called LRRP
5 div. us army

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

OMG... I haven't laughed so hard since I was a little girl, thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hold on there a minute missy.

name that movie from whence the line came...

-the artist formerly known as sinker

Cado in Hawaii gave me mine. I did some really stupid mistakes early in the sport but walked away from them and he used to say "That damn Rookie pulled another one out of his ass". So the name Rookie was given and has stuck with me. Not a bad name, it could be worse.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I got the name AggieDave due to myself, sadly enough...well, sortof. Back with DZ.com was an infant I was just called "Dave" but then people would say "Dave who? The Aggie, Dave." Then I was refered to as just AggieDave on occasion. Thus when DZ.com went through *the* upgrade (some of yall know what I mean) I registered the name "AggieDave" since "Dave" had somehow been registered before I got to it. And now its stuck. I've also been known as "Tackleberry" and "The Colonel" at various times in my life, but in skydiving I've seem to have always been AggieDave.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I was called "deadman" a few times early in my skydiving career after a couple of bone-headed jumps where I made low toggle hook turns and just barely dug out of the corner... :S I wised up...

More recently, I think someone called me "gator bait" after I had a cutaway and landed in the swamp at Lake Wales last month, and I got back to the DZ with a gaping hole in the butt of my jumpsuit (which was already there, just made worse)... I finally had the 18 month old hole patched up by the rigger onsite...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I played football at a Big Ten school with a bunch of other Midwest corn fed Pollacks...

When the coaches would say "HEY SKI!" about 20 of us would come runnin'

They started calling us by everything in the name UP TO the 'Ski'...it stuck.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Only if they're STUMP BROKE!

Nahhh...................I prefer them fiesty! ;)

Yeah....but your young and in shape!

...Back legs in the front of my boots and face 'em off a cliff,
so they try 'n "back-up" is about as far as I'll go.;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~