RkyMtnHigh

Expensive Sport

i play by the rules:|

yes its bad to poke the bear. whatever you do DONT poke the bear.

Ive sold off lots of stuff to keep my skydiving habit. A custom Harley, a restored Willis jeep, a VR4 Galant, my 4wd truck.
and now I drive a fuel efficient hatch back that is boogie friendly.
I do it cuz I love this sport. I love the people. its a hell of a rush going just a bit further in your swoop. Or finally getting that dock youve been working on, or nailing some transition. A sense of accomplisment in an enviroment that few ever really understand. B|
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

yeah, i've sold stuff.. that's no biggie. i didn't even like my stuff-- so i was shocked when i saw what people were willing to pay for it :)
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

i really dont think its expensive at all. ok, lets just say you do 200 jumps a year...200 X 21 = $4200. (once you have your rig) go try an maintain a jetski that just cost you 7000, or a harley...gotta always have more chrome, or worst yet golf...some green fees are in the hundreds. to me, its not any more expesive than any other hobby you are into...just more fun. its all about choices...i mean yeah, like everyone else i should be driving a brand new leased car, requiring full coverage insurance, but i choose a beater that always starts, low insurance, and no stupid 5000 dollar rims...figure it saves me hundreds a month, just enough to blow at the DZ. now, wheres my jacket...the car heater is broken and i gotta go to work...:ph34r:

damn you people are crazy! ok - much like myself!
Getting started - sold a 66 Mustang Fastback fully restored hot rod show piece....all my old Harley collectibles and antique parts too!
It's damn hard to support a Harley AND a Skydiving habit!!! But hey.....My name is Mark and I am a skydiver! (the support group seems to meet at the bar almost nightly!)
I just cannot imagine NOT jummping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B|B|B|

heehee.

i feel your pain. but all those other things...are just things. i sold a 1967 shelby GT500, yes, it was real...# 0194. anyway, doesnt it give you certain pleasure to say and "oh 4 jumps with buddies, about 48,000 ft total" as an answer to "what did you do this weekend?" instead of..."well, like, uh, i went to the mall, and watch some stupid ball game on TV."B|

Yeah, I'll be selling my motorcycle next month for the extra money for jumping(so I can put more into my budget for jumps).

I've also been driving a beat up little car with no-AC, because buying a new one would cut into my jump money.

I was talking to a couple of people in the DZ and they had just enough stuff to fill 1 or 2 car loads.
That made me realize how much SHIT I have. At night my bedroom seems like a Xmas light display from all the electronic crap I own.
It's to the point that I go to Bestbuy, and there really isn't anything left for me to buy -- except a camcorder that will eventually make its way to a new helmet.

So I've decided I have to start selling shit, get rid of the baggage.

I actually need some help/advice on using ebay, since I have never sold anything and hence have no approval ratings. Please PM me if you have suggestions.
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

i play by the rules:|

Ive sold off lots of stuff to keep my skydiving habit. A custom Harley, a restored Willis jeep, a VR4 Galant, my 4wd truck.

you forgot one other thing Your SOUL:ph34r::D:D:P

Nope, my soul stays, its just got a double mortgage on it! :D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Skydiving isn't that expensive once you get over the price of gear and getting your license. I can, and have, spent over a grand on skiing gear and trips only to shell out another hundred for lift tickects. My brother just dropped $22K for a bike, another grand for insurance and still more for gear and still hasn't had a day of riding. I, on the other hand, spend $125.00 and have a blast of a day at the DZ ans till have some cash to go to Outback afterwards.:)
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Hell girl trying having several expensive hobies.

Rock climbing - So much gear, it's impossible to buy everything you need
Skydiving - So many plane tickets and gear upgrade needs
Snowboarding - Trips, hotels, driving, food, ect
Wind Tunnel - well at least it's a little cheaper than an equal number of jumps.

Now I'm depressed, no wonder I can't seem to save up enough for a house. :S
Fly it like you stole it!

It's damn hard to support a Harley AND a Skydiving habit!!! But hey.....My name is Mark and I am a skydiver! (the support group seems to meet at the bar almost nightly!)
I just cannot imagine NOT jummping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B|B|B|

Really? I don't think so. My skydiving habit paid for my Harley. B|

steveOrino