MarkFoster

... proof once again that we were much smarter when much younger...

Subject: LOVE

A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds, "What does love mean?" The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined:

"When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love."
Rebecca- age 8

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different.You just know that your name is safe in their mouth."
Billy - age 4

"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
Karl - age 5

"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs."
Chrissy - age 6

"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."
Terri - age 4

"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK."
Danny - age 7

"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss"
Emily - age 8

"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen."
Bobby - age 7

"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate,"
Nikka - age 6

"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday."
Noelle - age 7

"Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well."
Tommy - age 6

"During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore."
Cindy - age 8

"My mommy loves me more than anybody . You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night."
Clare - age 6

"Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken."
Elaine-age 5

"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford."
Chris - age 7

"Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day."
Mary Ann - age 4

"I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones."
Lauren - age 4

"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you."
Karen - age 7

"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy on the toilet and she doesn't think it's gross."
Mark - age 6

"You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget."
Jessica - age 8

"Candles."
Naia - age 3
-------------------
...if ignorance is bliss, I'm in Nirvana... you don't know what you don't know 'til you don't know it.

GravityGone

Mark - nice avatar. I didn't know you got sucked into this website. Sorry.

Hi Bill... hope you and the family are doing well and I hope you have a great Holiday.

I get sucked in most weird things... natural tendency I suppose. The avatar is a photo Wagar took from the helicopter two summers ago... so I use it as a memorial sorta thing.

Mark
-------------------
...if ignorance is bliss, I'm in Nirvana... you don't know what you don't know 'til you don't know it.

GravityGone

My computer wall paper was a shot he took from us freeflying. It was lost about a week ago when my laptop glitched. I'm kind of sad about losing it.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

What saccharine encrusted crap hole did you dig this out of? I've seen Hallmark channel movies that made me want to gag less. Yeah, kids are REAL cute talking about love, until they grow up and realize that real love is about having everything you dream and believe ripped apart by the one person you thought would be there for you forever. Where are the answers from the 20-50 age group? Save the schmalz for the Kodak commercial, love is a fantasy for optomists who don't know any better.

Grendel Khan-The Official DZ.Com Newbie Forum Nuisance
"They sicken of the calm, that know the storm."

Bitter much? [:/]

Extremely. Crappy winter weather and the possibility of not jumping or playing ball until spring are not helping much either. Fortunately though, I just found a nice hard brick to smash against my head and forget about problems of the female persuasion......ahhhhh, sweet escape (WHAM!)

Grendel Khan-The Official DZ.Com Newbie Forum Nuisance
"They sicken of the calm, that know the storm."

What saccharine encrusted crap hole did you dig this out of? I've seen Hallmark channel movies that made me want to gag less. Yeah, kids are REAL cute talking about love, until they grow up and realize that real love is about having everything you dream and believe ripped apart by the one person you thought would be there for you forever. Where are the answers from the 20-50 age group? Save the schmalz for the Kodak commercial, love is a fantasy for optomists who don't know any better.

......... guess your life's been different than mine...sorry about that. I've been fortunate in having real bad & real good and appreciate the contrasts of both.
-------------------

GravityGone

Love is abstract. It is whatever you want to make of the emotional infatuation and the crazy things people do when they reach that point. Some fall fast, others take quite a while to realize it. Either way, when you do fall in love, you are so happy just to talk to the other person, or to think about them. There is no doubt that love hurts. I have been in and out of love too many times, including losing my fiance. It always hurts when it ends, but you have to look at how much fun it was while it was still there. Its the only way I find the strengtht to continally pick myself up from 3 levels below rock bottom, and start again.

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

:D:D:D:D:D
SUX to be you:D:D:D:D

Love ROCKS, 17.5 years down the road and we still learn new things about each other
Read my sig line brother;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?