ArnoSchutte

Kids...

We had that as a demonstration slide for a Professional development session at work 2 weeks ago. We were asked where along the hill we see ourselves.
I said smacking into the post and rail fence at the bottom of the run:D:D:D:D I would have made the water but the fence blocks the Jetty off:D:D
The presenter was less than amused
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Nothing that extreme... About the worst thing I ever did was ride a 4 wheeled heavy plant platform down the steep driveway of my parents' home into the carport and right through the glass/screen door at the back door... :S guess which half was glass... all I got was a few stitches on my forehead. :|

Then there was the time I rode the one-rope swing with a wooden seat on the end of it. The rope goes through a hole in the middle of the swing with a couple good knots at the bottom. The ground in the backyard really slopes down from the edge of the plateau the swing stands still at. I could swing so far out I'd be as high as 25 feet over the ground at the furthest point. Well one day the rope broke at the seat, while I was on the way out... My first freefall, however brief it was, at the tender age of 8. Fell some 20 feet and landed on my side. Knocked the damn breath out of me. Lucky my dad was working in the garden at the bottom of the hill and heard the thump... Amazingly I didn't break any bones.

Now, that picture of the kid with the skateboard... It kinda reminds me of the videoclip I saw of an idiot on a bicycle shoot down a short dirt hill towards some concrete steps with metal rails, without a helmet or any protective pads... He wipes out just before reaching the steps and barrels down the steps like you might falling down the stairs at home, and when he comes to a stop, instinctively balling up like a baby with a good run of blood streaming from his forehead... I had to say "what a jackass!" :S :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban