bloody_trauma

someones giving me a free canopy

No idea on the parachutes, but thanks for the link. Had goosebumps watching the greatest demo in history on the grandest stage. :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Seven cell. The bottom skin spanwise construction smells like paraflight. crews lite?

Lee

Cruiselite I believe is what that's spelled.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If you mean the ones used for the Crw part they were Para-Flite Swifts. They were purpose made for Crw and what made them different was the use of span-wise construction. This was instead of one cell attached to another in linear fashion. The leading and trailing edges were also re-enforced with tape somewhat. They also had continuous "A" lines so when you came down the lines of the canopy below you, you didn't have to jink around the cascades.

Para-Flite left the sport market many years ago and a Swift in air-worthy condition is surely jumpable but you'd need a really big container (by today's standards) to put in it in. And spanwise construction was more a marketing gimmick than anything else.

Edit: And I just saw the above posts - Cruiselites weren't spanwise constructed . . .

NickD :)

heres the last message i got

The one I have is from Seoul Olympic, The Seoul Olympic committee
bought
then the best rectagular one for skydivers for ceremony and this is one
of
left-over.

At that time I was a member of Korean Parachute Association and bought
this, which was never used. After then I went to Germany for study and
since then I had never any opportunity to use this.

The reason why I don't know much about specification of this main
parachute is I never used it.

This is for me a kind of souvenir and I don't care if you are not
interested in this. I don't remember where it is made, France or some
other European countries, I believe and we can find it out.

Many my previous colleagues are still using this parachute in Korea
so I know this is a good parachute.

Since daytime I work I will call you evening. Thanks.

Fly it like you stole it

ok cool, i went and took a look at it... its a cruislite that was mfrg in 87, think its a 215, thats what the max weight was on the tag. its never been jumped and is in mint condition. snow white, with original lines and slider. it think its a reserve, cuz the toggles are red he wants 200 bucks for it. think i can get him down to 100.
Fly it like you stole it

Its not the canopies used in this jump, but were there some Raiders used for some sort of olympics jump? There's one that appeared at my DZ with side panels that have olympic rings on them.

Kind of wondering if there was a story behind the canopy or if it was something goofy that some jumper did a long time ago.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

> Pursuit CRW canopies.

I had a pursuit for my first 50 jumps or so. Tore my ACL and screwed up my foot with it; my girlfriend broke her ankle jumping it. After a while I decided it wasn't such a good deal ($250 for the Pursuit, Swift container and Navy 26'.)

I'd buy if I had the cash, just for preserving it for it's history. =)

Nice vid! But I couldn't stop thinking how much it would have sucked to have a mal during that demo;)

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

yeah so red toggles mean reserve right?

Not necessarily

and if so can you have a reserve as a main?

A reserve may be flown as a main, but you'll need to sew on an attachment point and reenforcement for the bag. But after the mod, or 20 jumps, I believe you may not use it as a reserve any more. Some of the riggers here on the forum may clarify that for you.
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no