weegegirl

You are certifiably insane.

Yay! It's Christmas and all the family is gathering! How many times today will YOU hear... you are certifiably insane. Or... you're CRAZY! Or.... you MUST have a death wish.

:D

4 years in the sport and I still get the same ol' famous one-liners. Gotta love it!

Merry Christmas!

Yay! It's Christmas and all the family is gathering! How many times today will YOU hear... you are certifiably insane. Or... you're CRAZY! Or.... you MUST have a death wish.

4 years in the sport and I still get the same ol' famous one-liners. Gotta love it!

Merry Christmas!

Don't worry. When they really think you are certifiable, they are too scared to say that to your face.

Walt

I was really surprised yesterday. My mother (almost) gets it. She was describing a conversation between her and her friend at a recent dinner party. It went something like this.

Friend: So, how's your daughter doing? Is she fully recovered from that accident she was in a couple of years ago?

Mom: Yes, she's recovered, though we like to joke that it's affected her brain a bit. Since then she's gotten into all these extreme* and risky sports like skydiving and scuba and snowboarding.

Friend: Oh my goodness! Does she have a death wish?

Mom: No, in fact, it's exactly the opposite. She figures if she can almost get killed walking across the street, she might as well live and do all the things that most people just talk about doing.

Sniff... I'm so proud. Some of my babbling *has* been sinking in.

*Okay, I don't really like the term extreme but I can live with it coming from a 67 year old.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

We have a nice warm room for you at Chatahoochee.

My room is down the hall. :P

Merry Christmas!

"You did what?!?!"

MUFF #3722, TDSM #72, Orfun #26, Nachos Rodriguez

I have 3 sisters.

After 10 years in sport, two came by the dz when we were doing formation stuff and it was going to appear on Good Morning America. One had never seen me jump.

One refuses to even watch my videos. She regards it as "encouraging me". She believes that if she shows her disapproval, that I will eventually quit. (Pretty arrogant to believe that her opinion matters that much) :S

My dad accepts it. He likes that I am jumping better gear than he did.

Friend: Oh my goodness! Does she have a death wish?

Mom: No, in fact, it's exactly the opposite. She figures if she can almost get killed walking across the street, she might as well live and do all the things that most people just talk about doing.

Sniff... I'm so proud. Some of my babbling *has* been sinking in.

Sounds that way. That is just BEAUTIFUL - and so is your mom. Not only for her getting it - but for telling her friends. "Thanks for sharing" - no really ! And Happy New Year !

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Merry Christmas!

My Mom was my Dad's student in the early 70's. Dad still jumps once and a while when he isn't piloting a hot air balloon. My Mom quit with a near kill accident. Back then the simple accidents we have today would have killed you. My uncle jumped in the army and some for fun in the 70's but didn't last long.

The rest of my family just accepts it. Only once from my family did someone say something. It was my mother, she just said doesn't anyone wear helmets? she saw a video of me do CRW I didn't have a helmet on.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker