ccowden

Motorola RAZR

Ignore the flaming,,get one, it works great as a phone

Say I did get one - what do I do with the old phone? Will Cingular and other carriers recycle for me?

Derek got a motorola (not the razr) and in the box came a bag to recycle upto 3 phones, so both of the ones we replaced went in the back along with one I replaced 4 years ago that I still had. Then they were shipped back to motorola.
Fly it like you stole it!

Ignore the flaming,,get one, it works great as a phone

Say I did get one - what do I do with the old phone? Will Cingular and other carriers recycle for me?

Keep it - even if you have no account active on the phone, it can still be used to call 911 in an emergency....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Attached are two images straight from the phone. You guys be your own judge. One was taken in dim bar lighting , the other I just stepped outside and snapped a shot.

The bar shot is of two girls I pursuaded to make out - open with caution at work...:o

No, it doesn't compare with a digital camera, but when moments like this present themselves, it's better than nothing. :)
Jeff
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

Well, I ceratinly don't see any reason why those pics are any worse than any other phone takes. As a matter of fact, the first one is downright amazing!;)

Have you had other Motorolas before this one? It looks t me as if the RAZR is just the E815 in a slim design.

Have you had other Motorolas before this one? It looks t me as if the RAZR is just the E815 in a slim design.

No, unfortunately this is my first Moto. It could very well be the same as the E815; I've actually heard that comment before, but personally I've never compared them.

Oh yeah... Cingular was advertising for a while that it was made out of 'aircraft aluminim'. It's kind of misleading, since the body is really plastic. Discovered this by dropping it. :o I think the keypad is very thin aluminum, but that's about it.

J
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

Now I'm torn.

(Cue Nathan...)

That’s what’s going on, nothing’s fine I’m torn

I’m all out of faith, this is how I feel
I’m cold and I am shamed lying naked on the floor
Illusion never changed into something real
I’m wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn
You’re a little late, I’m already torn

Sorry I was a little late.

:|

Yup- I got one too and I love it! I am a little partial to the software that LG uses, but I am getting used to Motorola. The phone is really sharp looking and the thin feature is awesome for putting it in a front pocket! The camera is a camera, nothing better or worse than other cam phones. The voice recognition software is really awesome! The phonebook is great and I see no problems with it as far as listing multiple numbers and emails under the same name and you can enter a letter to search and then the second letter to narrow it down closer. I didn't see any of those problems as mentioned above with the contacts. Not sure if the V3c is different than other V3's.

Overall it's a great phone. Great reception and not too bad for battery life too.

It looks t me as if the RAZR is just the E815 in a slim design.

It is not just a slim E815. While the user Interface might be similar to the E815, the hardware (and so must be the software) is different.

Oh yeah... Cingular was advertising for a while that it was made out of 'aircraft aluminim'. It's kind of misleading, since the body is really plastic.

Almost all of the body is aluminum. I am not sure if it's 'aircraft aluminum' or not, but it is aluminum. The parts that are plastic are on the bottom by the antenna. Think about it, the phone would not perform very well if the antenna was covered with aluminum or any other metal for that matter.

later

I noticed you've already got yours. I just got mine. I've found it a lot of fun. Has many features I'll never use. I couldn't pass up the deal that T-Mobile was giving, so I jumped on it. My old phone was 2yrs old and getting pretty long in the tooth.

This one is fun and will keep me entertained.

I like skimming this thread because it gives me somethings to think about and keep and eye out for. So far (1 week) no problems. :D

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

If you are wanting to look up a name in your phone book, you can't just type in a name, when you type in the first letter it takes you to that letter in the phone book but when you type in the second, it takes to that letter... e.g. if you were looking for "Phil", you type in P and it takes you to the beginning of entries beginning with P in the phone book, if you then type in 'H' it takes you to the entries with the first letter of H...

This is not true with the Verizon V3c. With my V3c when you type "P" it takes you to the "P's" and then if you type "H" it takes you to the "Ph's" and if you type "I" it takes you to the "Phi's" and so on.

Yah and you can't store multiple numbers under one person's name. Even if you enter them in the same entry, it comes up as two entries in your address book with a little symbol for mobile, home, or office.

This is also not true with the V3c. You can store 2 mobile numbers, 1 work number, 1 home number, and an email address under one entry. It will then show up as just one entry in your phonebook.

At first, I didn't like the iTap. I used to have T9 and liked that alot. with iTap it predicts VERY well but usually to the point of being overboard and it is almost easier to just keep typing the word like you are using T9 instead of searching the various possibilities that iTap is predicting. As I use it more, it is easier and it is just as good as T9.

The other thing I like is the voice recognition function. I used to not use this with my LG because I had to program in my voice for names and all you could do is say "Name" to call that person. With the V3c, you don't have to program your voice in at all, and it has a list of commands you can use. For example, you can say, "Send text Chris." and it will automatically take you to the screen to write your text for Chris. If there are a couple names that are close, it will take you to a screen where you highlight the one you want. It actually works great and is quicker than doing it with the keys.

One thing I am having trouble understanding is the differnce between "resolution" and image quality" with the camera. My last phone used "resolution" to set the quality of the image and this phone has a actual "image quality" setting.

Is "resolution" just to determine the size of the image and not quality and "image quality" what determines the quality of the image? Does the "resolution" setting effect the quality at all?

Any ideas?