skyesspot

Surface TV Show

HELP!! We lost power last nite so I didn't get to see the show. NOW I find out it won't be on again until January!! What did I miss??

Let's see... The man and woman in the runaway underwater capsule got back to the surface and into a raft. But there was a thunderstorm and rough seas, the raft was leaking slowly, and a shark was circling. They were finally rescued by a helicopter, which had to abort it's first approach as a giant sea monster broached the surface and snapped at the helicopter.

The boy who was bitten by the baby sea monsters at the beach became ill and feverish and was taken to the hospital. Doctors were baffled about the cause, and he was near death. The sister took people to her home to retrieve the friendly pet baby sea monster ("Nimrod"), in the hopes of finding a cure for her brother's illness from it. Nimrod got loose in the hospital, and when cornered by a security guard, the guard shot it. Instantly, the sick boy awoke from his fever, and seemed perfectly fine - his illness seemingly connected to his pet baby sea monster.

How could you forget a pet sea monster named Nimrod :D

Yes I to am hooked...stupid TV show. are you sure it is not back on til Jan? [:/]
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Check out the Sci Fi channel they are tied into NBC.. I know they have run the episodes later in the week

01/03/2006 06:00 PM SURFACE
01/08/2006 11:00 PM SURFACE
01/09/2006 07:00 PM SURFACE
01/15/2006 11:00 PM SURFACE
01/16/2006 07:00 PM SURFACE
01/17/2006 07:00 PM SURFACE
01/17/2006 08:00 PM SURFACE
01/17/2006 09:00 PM SURFACE
01/17/2006 10:00 PM SURFACE
01/22/2006 11:30 PM SURFACE
01/23/2006 07:00 PM SURFACE
01/29/2006 11:30 PM SURFACE
01/30/2006 07:00 PM SURFACE

The sister took people to her home to retrieve the friendly pet baby sea monster ("Nimrod"), in the hopes of finding a cure for her brother's illness from it. Nimrod got loose in the hospital, and when cornered by a security guard, the guard shot it. Instantly, the sick boy awoke from his fever, and seemed perfectly fine - his illness seemingly connected to his pet baby sea monster.

Before the guard shot Nim, Nim broke loose from Savannah and found Miles. He licked Miles' leg wound before running away and finally being *killed.
*I'm SERIOUSLY hoping in January, we find the little guy was just knocked unconscious temporarily. I was inconsolable---major tears.

:$Yes, I watch it:$
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Before the guard shot Nim, Nim broke loose from Savannah and found Miles. He licked Miles' leg wound before running away and finally being *killed.
*I'm SERIOUSLY hoping in January, we find the little guy was just knocked unconscious temporarily. I was inconsolable---major tears.

:$Yes, I watch it:$

I love the show too :$
And I agree, I hope little Nimrod comes back to life.

I thought of a funny line you missed.

When the two surfaced and were in a leaking raft in the storm, freezing, the guy turned to the woman (I, too, forget their names) and said, "Under the circumstances, I believe my wife would understand if we spooned.":P

You know, the fact that Nim licked Miles' leg and it got better should be a clue into the regenerative nature of these creatures. (I think it is pretty obvious that Nim is in a state of hibernation while he heals.)

I can't believe I got hooked on this show.

I can't believe they expect us to believe that a rubber raft will float a big ole tank sitting at the bottom of the ocean. And why did they not get the bends? How did the tank float to the surface? (It should have been below the surface how ever long the bridle was connecting it to the raft.)

But anyway.........

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

You know, the fact that Nim licked Miles' leg and it got better should be a clue into the regenerative nature of these creatures. (I think it is pretty obvious that Nim is in a state of hibernation while he heals.)

I can't believe I got hooked on this show.

same here.

I can't believe they expect us to believe that a rubber raft will float a big ole tank sitting at the bottom of the ocean.

eh, maybe. depends on how much boyancy the tank had.

*** And why did they not get the bends?

the tank, supposedly like a submersible, is at normal atmospheric pressure.

How did the tank float to the surface? (It should have been below the surface how ever long the bridle was connecting it to the raft.)

yeah, they could have done a better with that one. :|
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Before the guard shot Nim, Nim broke loose from Savannah and found Miles. He licked Miles' leg wound before running away and finally being *killed.* I'm SERIOUSLY hoping in January, we find the little guy was just knocked unconscious temporarily. I was inconsolable---major tears.

I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention, and I missed that "lick" part.
So Nimrod was being a nice pet and fixing up his buddy.

I'm also not real clear on how the stranded underwater chamber got back up to the surface again...

You make a good point about the shooting. They showed Nimrod, cornered. They show the guard shooting. But they never actually showed Nimrod splattered all over the floor. So you may be correct there - he'll turn up alive again later.

You remember the name of the sea monster and no one else:ph34r:

Yeah, isn't that funny. It shows how much attention I have been giving this show.

What was your name, again?

Oh, and is anyone else getting confused between "Surface" and "Invasion". One is sea monsters, and one is body-snatching aliens living in the sea...

I only watch CBS on Thursdays for "Survivor":P

I absolutely can't believe I watch "Surface". It's so not my normal genre---I normally watch mindless reality TV. Currently, I'm still excited to have seen everyone at their current weight from the "Biggest Loser" finale and patiently awaiting the new "Real World--Key West".

There---it's all out on the table. I feel so much relief I don't have to hide it any longer:P;) I'm a royal TV NERD.

P.S. I also am completely in love with animated flicks--Finding Nemo, both Shreks, and A Shark's Tale;):P

Please, PLEASE, don't come to me to talk about that great book you just read. I'll wait for the movie---over in two hours, then I can take a nap;) (original comedy of Jeff Garlin.)

Well, since you put it out there, I watched the finale of Biggest Loser last night. I was stunned at the results. When I saw an episode last season, I was appalled at the idea of people who have had self esteem and acceptance issues their entire lives having to compete with each other and vote people off all for our amusement as TV viewers. But I kind of changed my mind about the show last night- those people worked hard and got results. That has to be inspiring to others who are struggling with obesity.

There, I said it! I feel cleansed now!:P

And doesn't CBS have their own version of a scary alien show as well?

Yep it's called threshold, not sure what night it's on, but I always end up watching it cause either it's right before something I always watch or there is nothing else on.
Fly it like you stole it!

I find it kind of amusing how these networks seem to be blatantly cloning shows from each other. I realize there aren't too many original ideas left for television but in this past year it just seems so much more prevalent than before.

I absolutely can't believe I watch "Surface". It's so not my normal genre---I normally watch mindless reality TV. Currently, I'm still excited to have seen everyone at their current weight from the "Biggest Loser" finale and patiently awaiting the new "Real World--Key West".

There---it's all out on the table. I feel so much relief I don't have to hide it any longer:P;) I'm a royal TV NERD.

Me too!! Surface is definatley not my norm genre, but for some reason, I love the show. Maybe because Nimrod is so cute.

I also love reality TV :$, I swear I need to goto counseling for it.
PS
did you watch the reunion Real World Austin, last night? How horrible was that??

Yes, I saw the reunion special. Oh my gosh. This was my least favorite season, though. I missed a couple episodes, etc. I really felt bad for Rachel the entire time. I just didn't see why she was so picked on. And I felt like--how dare they tell her she was not in the war. The girl was in Iraq for a year. I would flip my shit:o

I'm excited for the new Key West cast b/c they were filming during the hurricane. It will be interesting to see.

I just really enjoy watching how different people relate to one another under all these circumstances. It stems from double majoring in Communications & Sociology with a Psycology minor. I'm fascinated by those things.:P;)

By chance, I saw the season resummed and caught the episode last night. To my relief, as we suspected, Nim is OK;):P

Not so fast! Weren't the evil mad scientists about to probe him with a needle while he was strapped to a table, as the show ended?

That wasn't the end---the girl from the sovenier store (who turned out to be the head scientist's daughter) snuck Miles in to see Nim and they all went swimming together in the big tank. The end of the show was the scientist telling Miles he couldn't do his community service there anymore.

Apparently he was fine from the probe, just sudated.:S:)