skybytch

I is a collage student

My brain cell hurts.

Today I started my new career. With the forced but not unwelcome end of my previous career involving the redistribution and creation of skydiving related items, I needed to figure out something else to do. I can't be a forty year old virgin; besides the obvious physical limitations, the career prospects specifically aimed at virgins of any age are few. Since I've been avoiding making the decision of what I want to be when I grow up for over 20 years now, instead of getting another (stupid) job I decided to be a forty year old college freshman.

I'm starting out slowly with 9 units - College Comp, Intro Philosophy and History of Western Civilization; I'll ramp that up to 18 units come fall semester.

Financial aid is a wonderful thing. Since my previous career isn't known for paying high salaries and my tax documents support this fact, I qualified for them to pay all of my tuition and fees. I was also informed that within the next month or so I'll be receiving an "award letter" that will tell me how much money they're going to give me for school, and that I can expect that much money to come in the mail sometime after I get said letter. Yes, I said that they're going to give me money! Holy pennies from heaven, Batman! Why didn't I know about this a long time ago? Free money! I smell a new main canopy in the near future.... (I'm kidding. Really I am)

Classes started today. I'm easily the oldest person in my Comp class; even the instructor is younger than me. Not sure about the instructors in the other two classes; all of my fellow students appear to be about my son's age (early 20's). This is weird thing #1 about being a 40 year old college freshman.

The styles of each of my instructors are totally different. The history teacher is "old school" - more than 3 unexcused absences and he starts taking points off the grade and we got a detailed syllabus that includes the dates for each test. The philosophy teacher says we can show up if and when we want to, no big deal to him, he's not even going to take roll... but he also won't be announcing test dates until a week or so before each test. The English teacher I'm not sure about yet; he does take roll, we know what we're doing this week and he's hoping to have a syllabus for us on Wednesday. Not having every teacher insisting on us being there on time, every time is weird thing #2 about being a 40 year old college freshman.

It was only the first day of school and I've already got homework. I have to read a chapter for History and write a 2-3 page essay for Comp. By Wednesday morning. Whoa. Homework. That'd be weird thing #3 about being a 40 year old college freshman.

Even though my brain cell hurts a bit I think this college thing is gonna be fun. At least until they make me decide what I want to do when I grow up...

i always knew i was in a bogus class when:

1)attendence was taken
2)i got points deducted for missing class

let's face it, if you miss 4-5 sessions of Differential Equations, you're not passing anyway so why waste time taking attendence?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is there pay parking there?
I took several classes in Oxnard College and they are very strict on parking, matter of fact if you don't pay (or forget about them) them they will be on your DMV renewal notices!
Get one for whole semester, if there is pay parking lot.
I would wish you good luck, but think you won't need "luck'.

No you aren't.

Yes I am! It's not time to downsize yet and my current main only has 300 or so jumps on it so a new main would be a waste.

Now if we're talking a pile of jump tickets and a trip to an AFF cert course, then maybe I'm not kidding. :D

Currently leaning towards a triple major - Anthropology, History and Sociology.

And then what kind of job will that fetch ya? You needed a whole bunch of extra parents, didn't you? ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

And then what kind of job will that fetch ya?

Cultural anthropologists run museums and shit. So I'm gonna run the Parachuting Museum that is being built next to the new USPA headquarters.

I'm so good that they won't mind in the least that I'll insist on living in California and telecommuting. ;)

Blah blah blah blah! I said TOGA PARTY!

Last time I wore a toga I woke up with several large unexplainable bruises and a massive hangover.

Sounds like fun. What are you gonna wear? Wouldn't want to show up with the same toga as anyone else after all... that could be part of where those bruises came from...

Wow! I used to zoom in on those 40something, recently divorced, single, married, or whatever college students......got lucky a number of times! But then again, your a skydiver and that changes it all. The ones I went for had just gotten away from their husbands for the first time in 20 years!:)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Hopefully they'll teach you some grammar - technically that is "I are a collidge student" (unless you're actually learning collage, then it's "I are a collage student") :P
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Hopefully they'll teach you some grammar - technically that is "I are a collidge student" (unless you're actually learning collage, then it's "I are a collage student") :P

I was wondering about that myself... if she was learning the fine art of creating "artistic composition of materials and objects pasted over a surface, often with unifying lines and color.":D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

WAHOOOOOO...way to go girl. I guess they finally figured out you were a CA resident. Idiots:S

Study hard, do your assignments on time, and make good grades. DO NOT get a Sociology degree...my first one is in a file cabinet as nobody wants it...not even me.[:/]

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Blah blah blah blah! I said TOGA PARTY!

i knew there was a reason i thought you were so cool......

lisa,

sounds interesting....... and your not a 40 year old freshman, your a 20 year old fresman with 20 years of preperation..... i bet ya could out party em all!!!!! and still get the homework done!!!!

Study hard, do your assignments on time, and make good grades.

Yes, Mom. :P

i bet ya could out party em all!!!!! and still get the homework done!!!!

Yeah, but only because I've learned that I need to get the homework done before I start partying cuz I know I'm gonna be useless the next day. :ph34r: