riggerrob

Aerodyne Service Bulletin relocating ADD cutters

Aerodyne Service Bulletin 210108 says to relocate AAD cutters above the reserve pilot chute.
This follows similar SBs issued for Mirage and Atom containers.
It is an effort to reduce pilot chute hesitations caused by closing loops that are too long.
The Federation Francais du Parachutisme is trying to convince all manufacturers (of Vector-like containers) to relocate (move higher in reserve container) AAD cutters.

Do you have a link? I can't find it. Not on the web site.

http://www.ffp.asso.fr/IMG/pdf/CS_150.pdf

As clearly stated in the bulletin, this modification is not something that comes from Aerodyne. We were forced by the FFP to come with this solution, otherwise all Icons would be grounded in France.
The modification is only for France and does not concern any other countries.
Since this modification is not mandatory from Aerodyne's point of view, all costs involved regarding the modification on existing Icons in France, are for the customer/owner.
Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Luc-France/BASIK-AIR-CONCEPT/172133350468

This is not a compulsory service bulletin, it was issued on request by the FFP (French Parachute Federation) under the instruction of Eric Fradet.

The entire PDF is available from our website

http://www.flyaerodyne.com/fly/supportother.asp

I have attached the first and last page to this post, and also copied the initial context of the Service Bulletin.

--------------------------

ICON CONTAINER
ALTERNATE AAD CUTTER POSITION
Issue Date : January 25. 2008
Bulletin Upon Request
Identification: All ICON Harness/Container.
Part Number: P120, P125
Background: French Parachute Federation have certified it compulsory for all Harness/Containers used in France must have the AAD cutter fitted above the reserve spring loaded pilot chute. The ICON Harness/Container was designed, tested and certified with the AAD cutter positioned below the reserve spring loaded pilot chute and positioned on reserve Flap #1. Aerodyne has also certified the AAD cutter to be positioned above the reserve spring loaded pilot chute. Both positions of the AAD are approved and effective. The Technical Bulletin is hence classified as optional.

--------------------------

If you have any questions on this or any other Aerodyne related matter please feel free to contact us at the Tampa offices.

Blue Skies

Karl Meyer
Marketing Coordinator
Aerodyne Research
Office: 1 813 891 6300
www.flyaerodyne.com

Clicky's made

The entire PDF is available from our website

http://www.flyaerodyne.com/fly/supportother.asp

I

http://www.ffp.asso.fr/IMG/pdf/CS_150.pdf :)
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

The ICON Harness/Container was designed, tested and certified with the AAD cutter positioned below the reserve spring loaded pilot chute and positioned on reserve Flap #1. Aerodyne has also certified the AAD cutter to be positioned above the reserve spring loaded pilot chute. Both positions of the AAD are approved and effective.

is it possible to order a new Icon with the cutter location on top ? (would be good for new french customers)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

The ICON Harness/Container was designed, tested and certified with the AAD cutter positioned below the reserve spring loaded pilot chute and positioned on reserve Flap #1. Aerodyne has also certified the AAD cutter to be positioned above the reserve spring loaded pilot chute. Both positions of the AAD are approved and effective.

is it possible to order a new Icon with the cutter location on top ? (would be good for new french customers)

Yes we have made provision that all rigs ordered through our French Distributors are made with this update.

Does this apply only to French jumpers or would it affect visiting jumpers?

The modification is mandatory only to members of FFP French parachute Federation), visiting jumpers are not required to have the modification done to their rigs.

If you visit France on a regular basis to jump, I would suggest contacting any DZ you plan to visit in France to confirm.

The above link goes to a French version of the bullitin.

There's mention of Vigils at the bottom, but unfortunately, I can't read it as I only speak English (unless you count ordering two beers as multi lingual)

Would any kind soul be prepared to translate please?

Many thanks, Phil
-----------------------
Connextion: British 8 Way Team
www.bodyflight.co.uk
-----------------------

BKR: could you translate hte bulletin in French for spindoctor?

Spindoctor: I just made them into clicky's. I know only a few French phrases, I'm a Norwegian =)

Merdé!
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

The above link goes to a French version of the bullitin.

There's mention of Vigils at the bottom, but unfortunately, I can't read it as I only speak English (unless you count ordering two beers as multi lingual)

Would any kind soul be prepared to translate please?

Many thanks, Phil

As posted above, all you need to do is copy and paste this link into your browser and you can get the English version.

http://www.flyaerodyne.com/download/SB210108.pdf

Please feel free to contact me if you have any issues or questions on this.

Thanks for the reply.

I have already seen that bullitin, but as already mentioned, the French version has EXTRA text at hte bottom regarding Vigils.

It is this extra text and its content that I am interested in.

Thanks, Phil
-----------------------
Connextion: British 8 Way Team
www.bodyflight.co.uk
-----------------------

This is what I've heared : Be aware because moving cutter to side flap causes this flap to be stiffer, and this can lead to reserve pilot chute hesitation (PC would not pop becuse PC faric remains under this flap). This is what PDF Atom users expirienced already in France, and some jumpers had to elbow their reserve out !

This is what I've heared : Be aware because moving cutter to side flap causes this flap to be stiffer, and this can lead to reserve pilot chute hesitation (PC would not pop becuse PC faric remains under this flap). This is what PDF Atom users expirienced already in France, and some jumpers had to elbow their reserve out !

Have you precise information on that problem ?
Because I never heard of that...