SarahC07

College Students...(and college graduates)

you people getting ChemE degrees are out of your minds... Geez and people think I'm nuts...

I'm finishing up my 4th year at the University of Illinois. In May I'll have my BS in Electrical Engineering with a minor in CompSci.

I'm going to start working right away, but I'll also be starting on my Masters in Electrical Engineering at the Universtiy of SoCal in the fall, focusing on Comm Systems/Signal Processing.

Conundrum: I don't know much about graphics, but I know enough to appreciate the chess board B|

Conundrum: I don't know much about graphics, but I know enough to appreciate the chess board B|

In my freshmen engineering classes we had to make any object of our choice using auto CAD and I made a chess board. A bit above and beyond the requirements but I enjoyed the challenge. :)

What year are you?

What university do you attend?

USMA

What is your major and how did you decide what you wanted to study?

Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering. I liked planes and building things. The starting pay looked good and the job sounded interesting. BTW...I've never worked in that field.:P

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

After getting out of the military, I stumbled around college for a few years. No real direction. My then horrible job made all the employees take personality and work habit tests (I'm pretty sure you can find the exact same ones on the net). I thought it was all a bunch of bologna. Strangely, they all said lawyer or accountant. My reaction was - the world does not need any more lawyers. So, I took a few accounting classes and liked them.
NU '00. Best bunch of bologna test I ever took. It changed my life. Good luck.

Colorado School of Mines, in Golden. I can hit the Coors brewery with a rock from my house. ;) Junior, in Mechanical Eng. w/ possibly a minor in Physics.

I'm BROKE! :P

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

Class set? Damn dude, I'm a dead zip, I don't do that anymore. Infact, Sarah should take dead-zip rest.:P

Oh, I forgot, class sets were easier when you were there, since you have a lower number.>:(:P:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I started college in '92 at Drexel U. in Philly, PA. It was a "co-op education" school, where you go for 5 years, and the middle 3 years are 6 months in class, and 6 months working with a company related to your major. During my 3rd year there (my 2nd work cycle), I was offered an actual full-time position with that company and I took it for financial reasons. For 5 years, I got to travel the US, and have seen maybe 30 different states and numerous major cities on their nickel. Now, settled in Pittsburgh due to my job, I am finishing my bio degree at University of Pittsburgh with a year or so to go. I have my company to thank - now working there 10 years this month - for much of my life experiences, best friends, personal growth, and most importantly, the income to skydive! What's next? A career in health care...

Im a junior at Old Westbury College on Long Island...currently dual majoring in Elementary Education and English :)
I've always loved working with kids, so teaching just seemed natural...though I've gone back and forth between that and a number of other things such as being a pediatrician, lawyer, and when i was little, an astronaut lol.

*daizey*

One more Aggie responding. I'm a senior Aerospace Engineering major graduating in May '04. I love just about damn near anything that flies, so Aero seemed like a perfect match. I was right.B| Probably pick up a Mechanical Engineering degree or a masters in Aero in the near future.

I'm a professional student ;)

You want to talk about professional student? :D

4.5 years at University of North Carolina Pembroke -
BS Math and Computer Sci w/Minor in Geology
3 years at TCU -
MS in Geology and just one class shy of MS in physics
then 4 more stinking years at MIT for PhD in Geochemistry/planetary geology.

that 11.5 years - almost long enough to go back to kindergarten and finish high school again!
:D:D:D:D:D:D

and can't find a job worth squat! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

BSc Pure Math University of Edinburgh - hated it, after two years dropped out and carried on doing classics which I'd taken as an outised course/minor in my second year.
Now in my final year of an MA in Classics and Art History at Edinburgh. (graduate in 2 months and counting...)

I just did maths because I was good at it rather than because I enjoyed it. If you can - take lots of courses in your first and second years and get a taste for them - then maybe make more of an informed decision of what you actually want to do.

Hey Hey Hey. My name is Shaun Smith and I'm an Undergraduate at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas.....(Home of the Wildcats)

I'm in the Statistics department, and I choose this field after my high School Stats class and spending a few days at work with a few different Statisticians and Actuaries. I really do honestly enjoy statistics. Right now my goal is to suck up royally and shamelessly to the Department head in hopes of weaseling away with a scholarship or grant... With only 8 other undergraduates, this shouldn't be a problem.....:P
=========Shaun ==========

I'm a sophomore at The Ohio State University. Majoring in Communications because it's the closest thing related to film and TV that OSU has. Have wanted to do film related stuff for the longest time. So if anyone out there works at a TV station or in the film business, give me a job! B|