fireflytx

Need advice - Neighbor has a constant barking dog the poops all over my front lawn

My neighbor's dog barks CONSTANTLY when they are not home and they put him outside while they are not home. And then top top of that it shits all over my front yard when they let him out front. I have told him about the barking and he doesn't seem to do anything about it.

I have been trying to catch them when they are home to discuss this again but I think I am going to leave a letter with and advertisement for a citronella bark collar attach.

What do you think will remedy this situation?
"Well behaved women rarely make history"

First of all, this is why you're jittery, so stop blaming it on the coffee.

Second, what Krisanne said.

rl

P.S. I feel for ya. People who allow their animals to drive others crazy should be locked in a cage.
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

throw the poop back on their lawn.. but definitely write a letter, if nothing is done about it call animal control, or even file a complaint with the police for noise violation
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

My brother had 2 dogs that WOULD NOT stop barking. All day and night they would bark, except when the were in the house, which was very rarely. The neighbors called the cops and had them go visit my brother. It took 2 visits, but he finally got the hint and let the dogs in more often. They didn't bark so much when they were outside after that.

Video the dog barking for periods of time during different times of the day so the times and date are on the video, and also video the dog pooping in your yard. Give them a chance to remedy things by bringing to their attention, and if that doesn't work, call Animal Control and have them come see for themselves and show them the video.

We had the same problem...only it wasn't a noise violation until AFTER 10 p.m. So come 10 pm every night, you better bet those neighbors of ours brought in the freakin dogs!;)

I think you may end up finding out the same thing..I mean about the whole noise violation situation....Good Luck..I feel your pain...my neighbors ended up moving!!:)
Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

Wait. Scratch that. Let the poor dog alone. Kill the owners.

When my dog first started barking when he was little, I silenced him RIGHT away. I was NOT about to have a yappy little dog. Now he barks only when someone comes to the front door.

It's the owners fault, not the dogs!

...the door was open

SKYDIVERGIRLS.COM

Don't get in a hurry. Wait until after sunset when there is just enough light to see. Start digging a hole in the front yard with a heavy shovel. When rover shows up, give him a bang and bury him. End of problem. This is a last ditch scenario. Be sure to try ccowen's idea first.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Not exactly a remedy,

but you could set a sprinkler on your lawn
-it will either deter the dog from your yard (if it doesn't like water)
-or give the owners a soggy wet dog (which smells divine) to deal with in their house (if it does like water)

:)

oh along those lines, dogs notoriously love to cover themselves in the scent of something dead (eu de peeewww), now image the unsuspecting neighbors' new room freshner as the dog roots around the house

Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

oh along those lines, dogs notoriously love to cover themselves in the scent of something dead (eu de peeewww), now image the unsuspecting neighbors' new room freshner as the dog roots around the house.

Two words.....

SKUNK LURE!!!

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."