skydive51

Need new RW jumpsuit. Recommendations?

Most of the comp suits seem to be very similar, so any personal reference by those you jump with is always good. I'm biased towards one suitmaker in particular.

But, if you have someone local that makes a good suit, I'd always start there first because of the personal touch you get (hopefully). If not, then look at the features you want and check out all of them.

Every single suitmaker listed above, I've seen them come in perfect the first time, and I've seen them need rebuilds, etc. We're lucky we have someone local, because when someone buys a suit she hasn't build, she still gets to work on the new ones to get them "dialed in". Thus it's nice to use a 'local'.

anyway

Whoever you go with, make sure you get your measurements done EXACTLY as the vendor instructs. If you don't understand clearly the order form, call them and don't guess. They don't want to do a rebuild any more than you do.

It's not an easy thing, and these are really very cool people doing a very exacting form of tailoring. I'm very impressed with them all and each one I've met I've liked a lot - they like what they are doing.

I'd also go to the RW forum and this forum and do a search on the subject. There's plenty of these threads.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I would not recommend Bev Suits unless you give her very detailed information on how you want your suit made. This includes not only correct measurements but the type of material to be used and where it will be used. Also give detailed color information, don’t say “hay make me a cool suit” and expect to get something cool because you won’t. Also don’t pay for rush service, I was asked to pay for this service and refused, I still got mine in three weeks. I also wouldn’t get booty zippers, mine came unzipped on every jump.

If you do order a suit and it doesn’t fit or do what you wanted (fall rate) expect to pay a sizable fee for it to be modified. She also charges a 4% fee for payment by credit card (a rip IMHO).

Would I buy another suit from her, what do you think?
D-2626, SCR1999, SCS641, NSCR2350, GW6909

Blue Skies!!!!!!

I've been wearing, measuring and selling Bev suits for more than 10 years. Very rare to have a fit issue with Bev suits. Very few quality issues.

Owned one Flite Suit and one Tony Suit as well. Both fit and worked well for several years.

One of the nicest RW suits out there is from ParaSport Italia. But it's also the most expensive.

You would be happy with any of those as long as you are measured by someone very familiar with the measurement guide and knows what type of material would be best for your weight, height and type of jumping you do.

Mike
ChutingStar.com