JOEMT98

Quitting Smoking

I quit smoking about 10 years ago. It really sucked. I tried many times cold turkey, did not work. I found that I had to gradually stop. I stopped taking cigarettes to work. I found that over time I was cutting my smoking down to 10 a day, to 6 a day to 4 to 2 etc.

It got to the point that I did not want to smoke anymore. When I seriously cut back, cigarettes tasted like SHIT. So I found that I no longer craved them.

Good luck!!!
glad to be here!!

I quit 1yr 4mo ago. I helps if you brainwash yourself into believing you never smoked in your life and all smokers are nasty and it makes you sick to your stomach. Works for me. Self hypnosis. It helps to if you go to the gym and start living a healthy life, you won't want to smoke.

---
xenaswampjumper SPANKS THIS ASS!!! I WISH karenmeal spanked this ass too.....

Had my last smoke at noon today and i think Im going to DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Got Nicatrol but o my holy --it batman

If I say much about this, I'll end up getting insulting and condescending about smoking and "dip" and stuff like that... so I'll just say I wish you luck at quitting. :)
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

That dip is evil stuff.

Spit!

It was a bitch to quit. Unlike a cigarette which gives quick blasts of nicotine the dip is a constant flow. I was a miserable bastard for a few weeks. But it can be done.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I quit 10 months ago after smoking hard core for 32 years.
Every time I really needed a cigarette I reminded myself that I was
no longer a smoker. I found quitting far easier than I was led to belive. It is all in the mind.

I smoked for over 20 years prior to Sunday, February 12 at about 2:30 PM. That was when I fell off the wagon having quit about a week before. But since then I have not had a cigarette.

It has not been easy, but I hear that someday I will think it was worth it.

I cut down over about a two week period from a pack and a half a day to a pack then to 10 cigarettes a day. I had planned to keep cutting down, but I read a website about quitting where the point was basically that the only way to be an ex-smoker was to not smoke anymore, so I started not smoking. With the exception of that one bump, where a bunch of stress caused me to want to smoke again just to have somthing familiar going on, I have been able to handle it. Incidentally, I did not really even enjoy smoking when I get stressed out and lit up, and it did not help me relax or concentrate like I thought it would.

Good luck.

Brent

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

I quit 19 years ago.

The best way (IMHO) is to just walk through the withdrawal symptoms and cravings. After about 6 months, things got significantly better for me. MY sense of smell returned, food tasted better, I stopped coughing and my migrane headaches ceased. I haven't looked back since.:)
Good luck.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Had my last smoke at noon today and i think Im going to DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Got Nicatrol but o my holy --it batman

I feel ya. I on the same path. If the health and social reasons don't seem to be helping my mental state, I just keep telling myself nobody wants to kiss someone who has "buzzard breath".
Good luck, you can do it!

It's all Jimmy Buffet's fault.

Had my last smoke at noon today and i think Im going to DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I quit Saturday night. I've been smoking 1-2 packs a day for over 30 years. It really does suck but it's the right thing to do.

One of the tools I'm using to help get through the withdrawl is remembering a broken arm I had a long time ago. I would wake up in the morning wishing sooooo much that my arm would stop hurting but also knowing there wasn't jack I could do to make it better. I knew that my only option was to wait for it to heal.

I know I could go pick up a pack of smokes and make this discomfort go away, but I keep trying to focus more on the idea that there isn't anything I can do but wait and with time it will feel better.

Sometimes it works and sometimes I have to go to another tool... like taking a walk or a shower or drinking a big glass of water :P

Good luck. We can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Owned by Remi #?

Welcome to hell week!!! Don't give in, you can beat it!!

I quit chewing about 7 months ago using the nicatine gum.

Although I am still chewing the fucking gum. Some day I will beat this fucking monkeys ass!!>:(>:(
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

Funny thing, I was just talking about that same topic this past saturday. I was talking with my next door neighbor about my new tires and suddenly he goes to light up a cigarette and offers me one. (In the past many time when mowing the lawn we would take cigarette breaks.) Anyway I responded, "no thanks I quit". He says, "really how long ago?". "About a year and three months ago". Was it hard?" "Actually not at all, it was affecting my workout negatively so I just stopped. I'd been smoking on and off (mostly on) for 18 years. However, it really wasn't difficult for me to quit. I guess I am that one in a hundred who just never got hooked. I smoked when I felt like doing so and stopped when I felt like doing so." He was surprised, go figure.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

I'd been smoking on and off (mostly on) for 18 years. However, it really wasn't difficult for me to quit. I guess I am that one in a hundred who just never got hooked. I smoked when I felt like doing so and stopped when I felt like doing so." He was surprised, go figure.

You are a lucky guy. I've known a couple of people like that over the years. Pretty rare...most of us that quit go through the hell of quitting.

Keep trying and eventually you will find the way that works for you. I tried many, many times during my 16 years of smoking. I quit nearly 23 years ago. Good luck!!!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I'd been smoking on and off (mostly on) for 18 years. However, it really wasn't difficult for me to quit. I guess I am that one in a hundred who just never got hooked. I smoked when I felt like doing so and stopped when I felt like doing so." He was surprised, go figure.

You are a lucky guy. I've known a couple of people like that over the years. Pretty rare...most of us that quit go through the hell of quitting.

Keep trying and eventually you will find the way that works for you. I tried many, many times during my 16 years of smoking. I quit nearly 23 years ago. Good luck!!!

I found quitting smoking to be not all that bad. Quitting drinking kinda sucked, though. Hanging out with all my friends at the DZ after a day of jumping and everyone is having a beer or 6 and damn was I ever wanting one....

Walt

I found quitting smoking to be not all that bad. Quitting drinking kinda sucked, though. Hanging out with all my friends at the DZ after a day of jumping and everyone is having a beer or 6 and damn was I ever wanting one....

Walt

Walt,

I'd have never quit smoking without quitting drinking first. Never. Don't miss either one, giving them up are two of the best things I've ever done.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey