bigway

Price Rise for gear

Just a friendly note to anyone looking at purchasing gear.

If you are looking at buying gear over the next couple of months I would highly suggest to go down to your local gear shop and place the orders before the month is out.

If prices have not already gone up be sure that come Febuary Price rises will be in place.

I have watched closely over the past 3 years the USD steadily get weaker, over the past 12 months that dollar has been very low steadily.
I am sure all the europeans have been well aware how cheap the states as been over the past year and are probably saving up to purchase gear while the USD is so low. Start saving faster because manufacturers are going to have to put their prices up soon if they want to survive much longer.

I have heard rumours of prices going up so just thought the community should also be prepared if they are not already thinking that prices will be going up.

Last year must have been the manufacturers biggest year for overseas orders, especially from EU countries.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Here in Norway prices on complete systems have dropped nearly $2000(-ish) the last two years. A LOT of skydivers here are now getting brand new rigs since the dollar is so low. That's good for us, but not for US skydivers [:/]

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no

:|
If more new rigs are being sold cos us$ is low why must gear prices go up in order for manufacturers to survive???!!!
If in one statement you say this and then in another you state this doesnt affect us skydivers then what is the whole point of your statement.
The only reason gear prices will/would go up is cos of a low us$ and if the components were imported to the us$ and therefore be costing more in $ terms cos of import costs.
Anyways it is not unusual for any manufacturer of any product to review prices on an annual basis just like employees want an annual payrise!
Swooping, huh? I love that stuff ... all the flashing lights and wailing sirens ... it's very exciting!

Well, Aerodyne and PDF have their gear made in south africa so it affects them, cypres are made in germany so it affects them as well. This is why they would need the prices to go up to survive seeing they are made in other countries.

When i said it does not affect the skydivers i was reffering to the US skydivers and it was also in reference to them not being unlucky that the rest of the world got cheaper gear cause of the dollar being so low,,,,, someone said they were unlucky, i said it did not affect them and that the reason they were not unlucky in my books that they missed out on the benefit we had is because they are the country that have always been able to have cheaper gear than the rest of the world.

Sure, a price rise would affect them but it would also mean that the UK and europeans time is up for all the purchases made over the past 12 months cause the dollar was so low.

Does that answer what you were asking me?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Well, Aerodyne and PDF have their gear made in south africa so it affects them, cypres are made in germany so it affects them as well. This is why they would need the prices to go up to survive seeing they are made in other countries.

Gary

You are partly correct in your comments, Aerodyne has two facilities that produce our line of quality skydiving gear, one is in South Africa and the other is in DeLand FL, the canopies are manufactured in South Africa and the Icon Harness is manufactured in DeLand FL. Aerodyne owns and runs our facility in South Africa, we brought key staff over from PISA/Aerodyne to ensure continuity and quality standards.

Many of the current skydiving manufactures are making use of facilities outside of the US to manufacture their line of products, counties like Honduras, South Africa, and Asia are among the leading places for affordable production.

Blue Skies

Karl Meyer
Marketing Coordinator
Aerodyne Research
Office: 1 813 891 6300

www.flyaerodyne.com
www.myspace.com/flyaerodyne

:|
If more new rigs are being sold cos us$ is low why must gear prices go up in order for manufacturers to survive???!!!

Many of us order our raw materials from domestic mills, however many of the mills import the raw materials they use (hence the whole Berry Amendment hoopla going on right now).

Over the last 2 years I've seen a pretty astounding number of letters come through the mail, from our suppliers, saying that prices will be going up. Everything from plastics, grommets, thread, woven goods, to having the user manuals printed. At this point, it's only going to get worse. Many of the mills are so swamped producing goods for the military that they have drastically cut back on the stuff that the sport industry uses. When you need a material, you need a material, if you get it from a middle man or a competitor, you're going to pay a premium.
-Tony
(253) 445-8790
Velocity Sports Equipment

For us here in OZ I would not buy gear untill the middel of next year, all the pointers are for the aussie doller to get equal with the US$ and even go to 10/15 cents above the US$ so on that I would suggest that any aussies out their wait at least 6 months.
Of course all the $ gurus could be wrong and the US$ could go up shit loads....... Nar not as long as george is around!!

and even go to 10/15 cents above the US$

I am in Australia living as well.... What pointers are you talking about. For it to go up that much you are talking a huge amount considering it is only like.88cents now.

If this is correct i will pay my US tabs later in the year;)

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Just what I have heard and read in the financial world
The main pointer is George has fucked the US economy and ours is still strong and will stay that way cause china is booming and they need the stuff we dig out of our ground, India will be next (just cause they will lose the cricket wont mean they wont buy our minerals Ha Ha)
The sub prime has not had the full effect on the us yet and 5/6 weeks ago we were up to .93 cents when the sub prime thing started

But hey it all could change when we wake up tomorrow

thought i would let people know that if you are looking at buying aerodyne canopies over the next couple of months that i would highly suggest going to place an order with your distributor before the end of the month.

I imagine most distributors will be putting their prices for the Pilot canopy up by at least $200usd-$300usd Starting Febuary.

Just a friendly warning.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store