waltappel

let's hear about your first really big crush

My first huge crush was during my first year of high school. Dora McDonald was my English teacher and, it seemed to me, one of the most stunningly beautiful women I had ever seen--that and a truly warm human being. I was incredibly awkward and dorky in high school (yes, and I still am) and she took a little extra time to get to know me and let me know that she thought I was ok. She was very soothing to my soul and in my own awkward and dorky way, I absolutely loved her for it.

Hell yes I had a crush on her. I jumped at the opportunity to be her teacher's aide for a couple of years and absolutely marveled at her the whole time. I still do when I think about her. She was beautiful and warm and smart and funny and pretty much everything I still dearly love about women.

I was thinking recently that maybe my thoughts of how beautiful she was might have been fueled mostly by raging hormones, so I ventured into an old high school yearbook to see. Turns out she really *was* quite stunning.

I've attached a pic I scanned from the yearbook.

She was my first huge crush--let's hear about yours.

edited to add:
Here's a link to a post I wrote a while back about my second really huge crush.

Walt

***She was my first huge crush--let's hear about yours.

Why, it's you Walt!:$:$ GOTCHA!

My first big crush was Ricky Schroder. I remember getting butterflies in my stomach when Silver Spoons would come on. I even wrote him a letter with red heart stickers all over it.:P

I don't get that same feeling when I see him on Strong Medicine (I don't watch the other one he's in).
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

His name was Gino. I can remember crying damn near every night for weeks (and that is tragically long for an adolecent) because he didn't love me as much as I loved him. I just knew that I had met my soulmate and I was doomed to live a life of misery and lonliness because he didn't feel the same. I would wish on every star I could find that he would finally want to be with me again.

I talked to a mutual acquatance not too long ago and as it turns out he is a loser that hits women and has children that he has no contact with. Damn, I guess sometimes it is a good thing that not all wishes come true.

B|

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity!
~DEVIOUS BEEF~~FGF #69~

My first huge crush was during my first year of high school. Dora McDonald was my English teacher

Hot for the Teacher! B|

She is a babe and a half. I've known a lot of school teachers, and they say they can tell when the boys get a crush on them. Sounds like Dora was flattered by your attention. :)

Q: Why do school teachers make the best lovers?

A: Because they make you stay after school and do it again and again, until you get it right.

My first huge crush was Kevin Alvarez, in 2nd grade. The crush pretty much continued all the way into 7th grade, when I left that school. He was so cute! He had blonde hair in a bowl cut (which was REALLY cool back then), a big white smile, and when he would smile and his hair would fall over his forehead, or lean his head back and laugh, I would get HUGE butterflies in my tummy!!!:)
Come to think of it, now I'm marrying a man with a big white smile, blonde hair that falls over his forehead, and he leans back and laughs all the time....Interesting.;)

Brie
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

His name was Javier and I was 10 years old -- he was 13. OMG -- I loved him!!!! We wrote love notes, held hands, and made out a few times. His family moved away shortly thereafter and years later I ended up dating his cousin. He was a beautiful boy -- the "bad" boy of the neighborhood. Memories ..... :)
Character cannot be made except by a steady, long continued process. -- Phillips Brooks

My fourth grade teacher. Oh my god what I would have done for some "one on one" assistance from her in the privacy of her office. Regrettably nothing ever happenned. I can only presume she was not interested, since she never made a move even though I dropped by after class on several occasions.I know that sounds really creepy but at the time I did not care that she was much older. She looked hot in those knee length skirts she wore.

Richards
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

first celebrity crush was christopher reeves.. nothing like a hotty in tights playing superman :P

first little kid crush - eli rosofski - 3rd grade... we both actually liked each other a lot - but really what the hell do you do when you're in third grade?

edited to add - i love my darling wrongway - these crushes were from 15 years ago :)
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Little Richard. No not THAT Little Richard! We used to go to the Colorado River every summer and my mom would drop my brother and I off at my aunts trailer park (yeah yeah yeah:P) There was this kid named Richard there but my uncles name was also Richard so we called the kid Little Richard. Anyway, I had the biggest crush on him. I think I was only around 7 at the time. He was 13 or 14.

Everyone knew I had a crush on him.

One day he and my brother were going out to ride dirtbikes in the desert. They decided to take me along. I was on the back of Little Richards bike. I had my little arms wrapped around him and the biggest grin on my face.

We took off to this sandy area with lots of jumps and he went to show off and make a 360 with me on the back, in the sand, and the bike ended up falling over.

Well he jumped off as it went down and the bike ended up laying on my right leg. I began screaming bloody murder! Not because the bike was heavy, I could handle that. But because the exhaust pipe was burning the shit out of my leg! My dreamboat, LR, looks at me, tells me to calm down and lifts the bike up like I'm some kind of wuss. Then he jumped on the bike and said he'd be right back and rode off to do a couple jump, taking several layers of my skin with him. :(

I just sat in the sand and cried. The burn hurt so bad that I was dizzy. My brother sat with me while I cried and waited for LR to come back. Finally, after about 10 hours (that's what it felt like but it was probably only 10 minutes) he came back, plopped me on the front of his tank and drove me back to my aunts. I remember two things about the ride back. One that I got to lean back into his chest and two that the heat from the tank melted my shoe.

My aunt was probably only around 19 or 20 at the time and when I got back she flipped! She didn't know what to do so she threw me in the empty bathtub and poured rubbing alcohol on my burn. It was about 3 or 4 inches across in a big circle and there was almost no skin left it was so deep. You can imagine how painful that was and I screamed and screamed and screamed in agony while they held me down and kept pouring it on.

I still have the scar. It's lighter now but it's still there after 27 years.

The next time I saw LR we were in the back of a truck filled with sand driving to dump it at some cove and I wet my pants. :$

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

first celebrity crush was christopher reeves.. nothing like a hotty in tights playing superman :P

Same here! I used to dream he'd come fly into my window and save me from my life. Fly me to his home and take care of me forever.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Same here! I used to dream he'd come fly into my window and save me from my life. Fly me to his home and take care of me forever.

hahah me too ;)
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

My first big crush was on Brenda Starr, ace reporter. On Sunday morning after church I'd lay on the living room floor with the Sunday Funnies laid out and linger over that week's episode. I remember getting that "tingly/warm" feeling in the privates when I'd see her.

The other one and a close second was Daisey Mae from Lil Abner and I'll bet I'm not the only one that liked them short shorts!

jon

I can't think of any celebrity I have ever had a crush on. I'm not sure why that is.

Of course currently I'm thinking that there really aren't any celebrities that can even begin to hold a candle to the ladies of dz.com and I mean that in all sincerity.

Walt

When I was 3-4 years old, there were a couple of high school kids that lived next door. I picked all my mother's spider lilies out of the garden and took it to them. Everytime they would be playing in the front yard and I would be out there with my mom, they would come toss me in the air and I would make them perform "10 Chocolate Pies" from Sesame Street and sing "Benny and the Jetts" by Elton John for me. I thought they were the coolest and that I was a part of their gang.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

My first real crush was my high school sweetheart...swoon...John Bishop. He had beautiful long blonde hair, blue eyes, drove an orange Boss 302 Mustang, and was a bad boy. What else could a girl in the 70's ask for?! He was, to me, "the real thing." We ended up dating exclusively through high school and into young adulthood. He went into the Airforce when I was 21 and broke my heart.

My first real crush was my high school sweetheart...swoon...John Bishop. He had beautiful long blonde hair, blue eyes, drove an orange Boss 302 Mustang, and was a bad boy. What else could a girl in the 70's ask for?! He was, to me, "the real thing." We ended up dating exclusively through high school and into young adulthood. He went into the Airforce when I was 21 and broke my heart.

That is a story that absolutely begs for a follow-up. Have you had any contact with him since?

Walt