dropdeded

Paramedic School

Ahhgg, what the hell. Qualifying exam is still a couple months away, gives me time to get a head start, but Im gonna give it a shot. Really love the EMT thing but some recent experiences at work have really made the decision easier. Never thought I'd be here, but as long as I am, I may as well go for it.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Excellent. I never tire of hearing about people trying to accomplish new heights. No reason to wish you luck when determination is on your side.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I've been exposed to EMS for only a couple years now and in the field, I really think a good attitude is something I can bring to the table. I see both new and oldtime Medics with really crappy attitudes. I also realize burnout is a big factor for the people that have been around awhile, but some of the oldtimers I've worked with amaze me with both field medical skills and thier compassion and ability to handle people well. Those are the guys I want to emulate. Im not a book smart guy so its definately a huge challange and Im gonna give it everything I've got.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Keep on making your life what you want it to be -- you're awesome.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I'm in the course right now.. I have gone on a few rideouts and LOVED being on the road.. Good Luck to you!! It's as tiring as it is rewarding from what I'm told.. but you can't help but love the thought of helping people. :)

"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky." -- Amelia Earhart

Hey bro I used to work with some good medics who would have been great medics had they actuaally listened to their patients. Listen to your patients and you will work wonders. Once EMS gets into you it dosen't let go. It is the shittiest paying gig you'll ever love.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I am gald to see you advance on to Paramedic school, just don't become a paradoctor. hahaha

I have been in such a debate with myself on what to do for my paraschool.. kansas has basiclly done away with paramedic and is now a MICT and thats an associates degree now and not the paramedic school that most states have.
But I live on the kansas and Missouri border.. so the delima?
Well at 35 years of age do i want to get classes done in 10 months in Missouri and be a paramedic or go to school for the next three years in kansas walk out as an associates and the MICT?
The draw back is three years of school means I am stuck as an EMT-intermediate in kansas and make very little money, the plus is I have the associates and can add Nurse with ease when I reach the burn out stage.
The Missiouri course allows me to become a NREMT-P in about 10 months and then get to work, then free myself up for classes to work on the Nurse goal... arrrgghhhh where to start?
I am now taking some prereq's and still moving fwd but just have not made a school choice yet!

Anyway... Glad to hear that there will be another jumping medic out there!
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com