zenmama

Spectre 170 in Javelin J1 ?

Hi, I have just rebought back my J1 container, havent jumped for a bit and hoped to. I used to have a Spectre 150 in it but with age and gravity , lol, know what i mean, I wanted to use a bigger canopy..ie a 170. Has anybody out there done this ? Sunpath says there is no way it will fit...just wanted other opinions...yay or nay..if nay..its for sale.[:/]

thanks,
Ruth

Yes it will fit however not according to the manufacture . I had a 170 saber 2 in a 2001 j1 and it was snug but fit even with the correct length closing loop. The specter is a 7 cell so it should be easier to pack than the saber.

Have you ever seen one of the rigs with the reseserve pack tray ripped off the harness from doing this and tucking the risers under the corners?

Just because you cram it in, don't mean it fits.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Have you ever seen one of the rigs with the reseserve pack tray ripped off the harness from doing this and tucking the risers under the corners?

Just because you cram it in, don't mean it fits.

:D:D:D
You could always beat down the reserve towards the yoke to loosen up the main tray as much as needed, right?
:D:D:D

You youngsters out there...I was kidding. J/K!!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Well to answer your question no i have not seen a rig with the reserve tray ripped off, nor have i ever seen damage of any kind done to the reserve tray of any rig. I cant say i understand how this could happen during a normal deployment no matter how over stuffed the rig might be. Maybe deploying in a feet down position or even on ones side possibly but thats a whole other ball game. I am just telling him my personal experience which was i could fit a 170 saber 2 in a J1k and i put about 200~ jumps in this configuration with no damage.