skymama

Advertising in Sig Lines

More and more of you are taking advantage of being able to make a clicky in your sig line and are using it for advertising purposes. If you're wondering if I am talking about you, please take the time to read this post again from Sangiro.

If it applies to you, please clean up your sig line or delete it. If you don't, we'll talk about you in the Team Room. No good ever comes from that. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

More and more of you are taking advantage of being able to make a clicky in your sig line and are using it for advertising purposes. If you're wondering if I am talking about you, please take the time to read this post again from Sangiro.

If it applies to you, please clean up your sig line or delete it. If you don't, we'll talk about you in the Team Room. No good ever comes from that. ;)

Yes, I'd hate to have an advert appear in a sig line attached to one of my posts. It might get in the way of the damn Aerodyne one that gets stuck in every PM I send. :|

confused.....:$

is my website link in sig line considered advertising???

please let me know...

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

confused.....:$

is my website link in sig line considered advertising???

:

Links to personal web sites are welcome, even if you sell something on your site. The link should be to your site though and not worded as an ad:

"Dropzone Productions" is OK. "Buy my jump suit!" is not OK.
Remster

Anyone who would ever do something like this should be banned forever! You know who I am talking about!!!!!! ;)
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

I checked the rules and I believe my signature is within boundaries (Rainbow Boogie is legitimate because it is, indeed, my own website), except I am wondering if linking to the Canadian 80-way constitute a violation of any kind because it is not my site.

I don't want the mafia to give me a free BASE jump. (A bridge jump with concrete shoes.) ;)

No advertising in sig lines? And yet our posts are being used for advertising if we use the word "icon."

I typed the word emoticon in all lower case, but that's not how it will look when it's posted.

This is infuriating.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

No advertising in sig lines? And yet our posts are being used for advertising if we use the word "icon."

I typed the word emoticon in all lower case, but that's not how it will look when it's posted.

This is infuriating.

rl

Agreed.

Canceling the premier membership was something I was regretting, but was looking forward to re-joining now that my source of income is secure again.

I've just re-thought that, and will not re-join. I joined originally, not because I used the premier features, or because I'm buddies with the owner of this site, but because I thought it was an important resource worth supporting in this community.

Now I find it distasteful that if I were to join again, I would be paying to either censor my speech, or advertise for a product should I choose to use certain words. (No offence intended Bushman, like your stuff.....) We, as users of this website, all agree to abide by certain self censorship (i.e. Forum Rules) however I feel strongly negative about this turn of events. The running of this website takes time and money, and I realize the owner has expenses in life, however coercing people into unknowingly advertising for products when they may not wish to or be aware of doing, borders on unethical IMO.

This isn't "MySpace" after all.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

JP... Ronda,

That's fair. I'm taking note of your feedback. It's absolutely impossible to please everyone and if you feel strongly about this you can certainly cancel your Premier Membership. (which JP doesn't have) Unfortunately the relationship between Premier Memberships and forum keyword ads actually work exactly the other way round though....

Just like you I need to make decisions about how I pay the bills. I trust you'll continue to enjoy all the free features you're getting on Dropzone.com - as both of you certainly have been doing for a very long time.

... in the meantime, you're still not allowed to post ads to your signature lines, which is what this post was originally about. ;)

PS - I unfortunately do not have the time to monitor all the threads in the forums but I'm more than willing to chat more about this here.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Do you think we could do something about personal attacks in siglines also?

Personal attacks are not allowed in sig lines. Please pm a Mod when you see one. We appreciate the help!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon