billvon

Earthquake/sonic boom

Just got hit by a small local earthquake or a really strong sonic boom. Was very short, and you could hear it coming - a rumble followed by a quick shake.

I used to live outside of Edwards Airforce base in Cali. And I have been in a ton of earthquakes. believe me you will know the difference. Sonic boom will literally make a loud BOOM!

Eathquakes, well depending on the size is how you will react!
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

I used to live outside of Edwards Airforce base in Cali. And I have been in a ton of earthquakes. believe me you will know the difference. Sonic boom will literally make a loud BOOM!

I used to live on Edwards Airforce base!!!! Big diff in sonic boom and earthquake, but I do remember a few times where things would kind of shake a bit from a sonic boom, but you really didn't hear a boom, more of a rumble like thunder.
I miss the hell out of sonic booms.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

>Sonic boom will literally make a loud BOOM!

Yeah, I've heard them; also noted that many are double booms. This was a rumble followed by a shake (that was also loud.) It was like a half boom/half quake.

I felt it as well. Your description is very accurate.

Phil

In Georgia they are not supposed to do them close to major population areas as when they happen 911 usually lights up. There was one not to long ago that made the news and as I recall they said the pilot broke some rule but it wasn't on purpose. I think this probably holds true for most metro areas.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I recall, as a young lad, hearing sonic booms on a very regular basis. I've noticed in recent years, the absence of the boom. Have there been laws passed making it illegal to generate?

Well, if you are from SoCal, you don't hear them as often from the Space Shuttle landing at Edwards. We used to hear that double boom a couple of times per year.

Also, SLO is an interesting situation. This article may shed some light on it.

http://ktla.trb.com/news/local/la-me-jetfighter19oct19,0,6361651.story?coll=ktla-news-1

My wife is hotter than your wife.