LisaM

non skydiving injuries....

I'm recovering from a hockey related hand injury (spained pinkie finger knuckle) and a sore hip that kept me away from jumping a couple of weekends ago. If it's not the constant shitty weather around here, it's these injuries. Hopefully I'll get to jump this weekend, but I'm not holding my breath as the WX forecast is iffy (as usual). :S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

About 80% of all my broken bones had to do with motorcycles. Use to race dirtbikes where I broke some ribs, fingers, and toes. Broke femur and tibia, also the humerus, ulna, and radius where they meet in the elbow (shattered it). Had some blind lady pull out in front of me on my sport bike and I had just enough time to think "oh shit, this is going to hurt" before driving my gsxr 3 feet into the back of her car breaking both my wrists and my collar bone and lacerating my liver. Fun times. I also broke my ulna when I was a kid when the seat on a giant rope swing snapped in half and I hit the ground from about 40 feet in the air. Served me right, I was suppose to be cleaning my room and snuck out, haha. I also chipped my knee cap and tore cartilage jumping off of the top of some playground equipment when I was a kid. I think I should stay away from motorcycles and playground equipment... but nah, they are to much fun.

Now tell her why.

Because I took my sweet children on a snowboarding vacation over Spring Break instead of being selfish and going to the Dublin Boogie. Lesson learned: always be selfish, don't take your children anyway, it will only get you into trouble! :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I physically feel twice my age. I wake up in the mornings sometimes and have a hard time walking down the stairs. I constantly have aches and pains. I also injured my back in a car accident and that still bothers me every now and then. The sad thing is I haven't even made it to 30 yet. [:/] I also work construction which doesn't help.

hmmmm as a youngin I receive many many stitches in the head. Older brother pushed me into a glass table corner, hit me in the head with a golf club, drop me on my face. I had an accident on my dirt bike that I bit almost completely through my tongue and received stitches in the chin. 3rd degree burns when I was about 7 from dragging a pot of boiling homemade soup down on myself. The soup was renamed to skin soup. Yummyy!!!!!

Rope burn on my right hand from homemade zip line. Broke my left wrist. Broke my left ankle, swing I was on broke -- yeah I might have had something to do with it soooooo, that was a screw that has been taken out. Hyper extended my right knee wrestling. Jacked the hell out of my left shoulder when I fell on my roadbike, non-motor, which I also received second degree burns road rash on my left shin and back of my left arm, tricep area.
Shoulder took over a month of physical therapy to fix, but it was worth it.
Oh I almost forgot, my finger tips were smashed when I was about 7 or 8 from having them in the tracks of a garage door and having the door shut over them. Yeah that hurt. Also had my right index crushed by a piece of wood, but nothing broke.
Had a trailor hitch come down super close to my boys. Think I just got some major bruising from that.

My medical records are thick as crap.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Broken things outside of skydiving? Oh, I've done plenty of damage to myself - and never had any injuries from skydiving.

I've had stitches 9 times - and no times since age 8.
Broken thumb at age 10.
Broken pinkie and ring fingers playing football at age 13.
Broken ankle while ice-blocking at age 18 (didn't know it until 3 months later)
Torn arch in right foot at age 18 playing soccer (easily the most painful and physically debilitating injury I ever had)
Torn ACL/meniscus playing rugby - age 19
Concussion at age 19 playing flag football (2 weeks before finals - led to a 1.2 GPA that quarter)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Broken leg going down a very long slide on waxed paper and blowing the landing. Gashed my arm wide open on a piece of glass. Lymphangitis from an infected blister (ok, that was packing related... my very first weekend as a packer, no blisters since though). Husband broke his arm in an altercation with a wall.

But why is it that when any form of injury worse than a paper cut results in everyone you know asking if it's from skydiving??

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda