TheAnvil

Anybody fly RyanAir recently?

Haven't flown them, but the one thing I have heard from friends who have is ... travel light. The fares are cheap but their baggage allowance is TIGHT and they will ding you on extra baggage costs.

But then you're bringing Vinny-sized clothes so your bags should be lighter than average.

:S
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Yes (Stanstead to Granada) - They are CHEAP, no frills BUT are real sticklers for baggage allowance... I even take my reserve out of my paraglider harness and take it as hand luggage - Seriously!!

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

We flew it last summer and didn't read the small print about the baggage limits. They are serious about their rules. We had to pay an extra $300 for baggage that was within the limits on American for our ride home. We would have been better off buying a seat for our luggage!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hey vinny, if you can get your fat ass up to blackpool you can fly to barcelona for about 10 dollar round trip..http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/
Let me know and i may even get you a place to crash for the night;) Mum and sister are off limits though. You welcome to the granmother. She hasn't had a good seeing to in years
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

EasyJet is better.

As for the drunks on the flight... it was me. :|

"One out of every four American's are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."

Am in Spain at the moment and flew out with Ryanair. Probably wont bother again. They are cheap if you book a long way in advance but they add lots of extras on so check the full price for comparison before you confirm.

They are very tight on baggage limits , only 1 item of hand baggage, unlike Easyjet who let you have a bag, a handbag and a dutyfree bag and a laptop.

But if you can fly light and book early do it.
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

i use them a lot.

From UK but work in Spain, so its ideal for me to nip backwards and forwards for visits to friends and family.

So, book in advance, cheap as chips, stick under 15kgs baggage, pack some sandwiches, got on the plane, read your book, get off the plane....

Not really sure what else you need...

If you want pretty staff and atentive service with a meal thrown in, book BA for 300 quid, if you want to just get there and back for 30 quid, well the choice is yours.

You get what you pay for

Im happy :P
--------------------------------------

I'm going to be in Europe this summer and was thinking about flying about a bit instead of going by rail.

:)

Yep, Ryanair are the El Cheapo option, particularly if you plan ahead. _This_ is their baggage allowance info.

So where you gonna be, and when and are you gonna jump over here? Huh? Huh?

I might even take back what I said about tequila being evil. :):D

Gavin

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. If you don't take it out and use it, its going to rust.