Gawain

NEWS FLASH - Recovery, Walking, Honor

Congratulations Max, that is wonderful news! Thank you and thank your gorgeous wife for all the sacrifices that you two have made for the country. You two are an inspiration to all of us.

well done gwain, nightmare situation for you... you have my best wishes and i really mean that :)
but .... it never fails to amaze me when i read comments like the one above:S he's not made any kind of sacrifice, he had something terrible happen to him, something out of his hands and not of his wishes. A sacrife is something you willingly give up for your own personal reasons, i'm pretty damn sure he didn't know he was going to lose his leg, so i doubt he gave it as a sacrifice. Maybe you mean a sacrifice of his normal life to join the army? That's only a acrifice if you didn't want to join the army and did solely to serve your country, how many of you know soldiers who didn't want to be soldiers and only joined up to serve, whilst all the time wanting to be doing something else? following your chosen career path is no sacrifice :S it's you doing exactly what you want to do in life.

please don't see this as bashing gwain for anything, i think he must be a top banana for going through all that shit and still smiling at the end, i know something like that would have crushed me. I just have to take issue with people who call things like this a "sacrifice"

Well, I was trying to compliment him.

My own ex went to Iraq last year and will be going back soon. He had reentered the miliatary after 12 years of being out. He also went to the Persian Gulf several times, when he was younger. It was a sacrifice for Spencer to be apart from his son (from first marriage), his parents and very much so from myself during that time, even though he was doing what he felt he should do for our country. It felt really difficult for myself, as well. I never thought that it would be that hard for me. I truly feared for his safety and felt such pain at not knowing if he was ok at times.

I imagine that it may have been the same for Max and for his wife. That is how I meant my comment. It came from my own and many of my own friends' experiences.

...he's not made any kind of sacrifice, he had something terrible happen to him, something out of his hands and not of his wishes. A sacrife is something you willingly give up for your own personal reasons, i'm pretty damn sure he didn't know he was going to lose his leg, so i doubt he gave it as a sacrifice...

He willingly joined the Army, to keep America safe, knowing he would be put in harm's way, and that horrible things could happen to him. Meanwhile, he has probably earned less money than he could as a civilian, has endured family separations, and endless physical strain to keep himself in top shape. That sounds like quite a sacrifice to me. And I find it a bit ironic that you sit there comfortably with two legs, telling Gwain, with only one leg, that he hasn't made any sacrifice. If you want to start a discussion on this topic, take it to the Speaker's Corner - this is not the place for it. You don't even have the balls to post your profile information...

Tell you what - YOU endure the separation from your family and loved ones for a year at a time; waking up every day not knowing if you'll ever see them again; seeing friends and comrades hurt or killed; then lose a limb yourself and go through the surgeries and therapy and STILL not know if you'll be allowed to serve out your career.

Do all that, THEN come back and tell me that Max hasn't made a sacrifice.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I agree with Mike MNealtx and JohnRich's posts 100%.

Imo, JumpingJimmy's post, especially made in this thread, is an insult to Max and to all that he has been through and accomplished. I only answered his post, so as to take the focus/insult onto myself and not have this go to SC.

I like Mike and John's bold answers much better. This simply isn't the appropriate place for that kind of discussion. This is the place to give kudos to Max.

BTW, that CIB looks good on you. B|

Thanks, I wish it took as much effort to get that as it did for me to get my EIB. :S:P:D
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Max,

Your spirit is truly an inspiration. It brings into focus how unimportant some of the little daily annoyances are. Your determination and progress is amazing and I hope that you always have whatever it takes to stay motivated - your future, your wife, your challenge.
Your life is wide open.... Live it full

Karen

Max: I am so very glad that you are on the road to recovery, you look great in the photos. We look foreword to seeing you when you make it back here to Elsinore. I am very proud of you Max Ramsey for the service and sacrafice which you given each and every one of us. I appreciate the fact that you heard the call and enlisted.

The wreath which goes around an EIB is not that easy to get. My CIB is the one that means the most to me and every other 11B out there. Be strong and take care of yourself.

Pat

My CIB is the one that means the most to me and every other 11B out there. Be strong and take care of yourself.

Pat

AMEN TO THAT BRO

11BUSH is there its at

MAX is a GRUNT

HOOAH

LIFE TAKER
HEART BREAKER

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com