tbrown

The Vision is Back

Interesting to see Aerodyne's Vision canopy advertised once again at their website and in this month's Parachutist. It sort of disappeared a few years back when the Mamba was introduced.

At the time, the guy at the Aerodyne tent at a boogie told me the Vision hadn't been discontinued, and was still a very popular canopy in Europe. I had some friends who were jumping the Vision and were very pleased with the way it flew. So I'm just curious about the eclipsing and recent return of the Vision to the American market.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I'd like to get more info on the Vision. I was reading some old post (2005 maybe?) while searching for info and it was very mixed and i believe someone said they were making improvements to it.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Yeah Andy, I would not be advertising the fact that you are asking Aerodyne for a demo of a vision when you only have 160 jumps. This would be a sure way for aerodyne not to be sending you a demo as the minimum requirement to jump a vision is 500 jumps. Does not really help the distributors case getting a demo sent out to you.

;)

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Interesting to see Aerodyne's Vision canopy advertised once again at their website and in this month's Parachutist. It sort of disappeared a few years back when the Mamba was introduced.

At the time, the guy at the Aerodyne tent at a boogie told me the Vision hadn't been discontinued, and was still a very popular canopy in Europe. I had some friends who were jumping the Vision and were very pleased with the way it flew. So I'm just curious about the eclipsing and recent return of the Vision to the American market.

The Vision is still a great canpy and has a dedicated following byt hose who have jumped them, I have around 300+ jumps on a Vision 124, and loved it from day one (before I even worked for Aerodyne).

The Vision is placed between the Pilot and the Mamba from a performance stand point. The Vision is a very reliable and consistent all round canopy for every day use.

If you need more info check out our website or give us a call t the office. We have demo ready to ship out :P

(sorry self promotion)

Blue Skies
Karl Meyer
Sales Representative
Aerodyne Research
Office: 1 813 891 6300

www.flyaerodyne.com
www.myspace.com/flyaerodyne

We have demo ready to ship out

Really?

Gary

We have a variety of sizes of the Vision ready to demo, it's just unfortunate that the size you needed is not currently available in the demo fleet. We do have one on the US and EU Tours. And as stated in a PM, I am working to get the Vision 150 to your customer in the time frame he needs.

Thanks for your understanding.

Blue Skies

Karl Meyer
Sales Representative
Aerodyne Research
Office: 1 813 891 6300

www.flyaerodyne.com
www.myspace.com/flyaerodyne

Karl, I'm just teasing you mate. I know you will sort something out for me, I don't doubt that for a second. Aerodyne would move mountains for us distributors if they could and this is the main reason why my customers have not had a single complaint about your product. I think I have had one issue with a customer who bought aerodyne from me and they turned out to be one of my happiest customers after I put them in contact with you lot

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Can you two get a room??? :ph34r:

So how would you compare the different characteristics of the Vision to the Mamba?

Less steeply trimmed? Lighter toggle and riser pressure? Shorter recover arc, longer than the pilot?

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

So how would you compare the different characteristics of the Vision to the Mamba? Less steeply trimmed? Lighter toggle and riser pressure? Shorter recover arc, longer than the pilot?

Yes that is pretty accurate. The mamba was released to compete with the Crossfire and Katana. The Vision, has very light toggle and riser pressure, is trimmed flatter & doesn't dive quite as much after a turn. I'd say comparable to the Pilot. When jumping it for the first time, the first thing you will notice, is it doesn't have a very long snivel during the opening, this gives the sensation that the opening is quick, however timing the openings on video, they are pretty much the same as other canopies from Aerodyne. The shorter snivel, tends to not put so much emphasis on steering the canopy through the opening sequence to keep it on heading, and allows for more consistent on heading openings. Which for an elliptical canopy is a nice plus.

It has been very successful in Europe and we've seen that trend migrate recently to the US. Possibly due to putting out a few demo's on the Aerodyne Travelling Demo Tour, which has probably sparked some interest. .... anyway our sales of the product have picked up in the US, and we felt that it was appropriate to start marketing it a little more, seeing it has been well received by those that have purchased them so far and based on it's popularity in Europe.

Hope that answers your questions... if you would like to try a demo, give Karl or Sandy a call, they'd be happy to help you out.

blue ones

Bushman

When jumping it for the first time, the first thing you will notice, is it doesn't have a very long snivel during the opening, this gives the sensation that the opening is quick, however timing the openings on video, they are pretty much the same as other canopies from Aerodyne. The shorter snivel, tends to not put so much emphasis on steering the canopy through the opening sequence to keep it on heading, and allows for more consistent on heading openings. Which for an elliptical canopy is a nice plus.

blue ones

Bushman

I always liked that about the Vision. Soft openings for camera but also reliable and on heading (except when it needs a new line set :$ *ahem* )

Though having had three of them (one early 2004, the other two matched mid 2005) I noticed some difference in the models. I felt like the early model was more aggressive and dived for longer.

Highly recommend the Vision for anyone who wants a bit more out of their canopy if they are on the Pilot/Safire/Sabre range without the hassles of the Katana/mamba/Xfire style
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.