popeyefireman

ITunes question

Now before everyone starts off with my apple iPod is a ripoff, this is something different. I have bought a new computer and want to move all my MP3 over from the old one. No without putting them all and a cd (which could take about 75-100 of) is there any other way to move them over?

"I Yam what I Yam"

I am not afriad to die, only to die without living.

Shoot... you can just install the old hard drive into the new computer... and you don't even need to copy the files to the new computer... just use them right off the old Hard Drive... B|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Shoot... you can just install the old hard drive into the new computer... and you don't even need to copy the files to the new computer... just use them right off the old Hard Drive... B|

He asked how to copy them and I told him how to copy :P

However in my professional opinion, copy files over to new drive, get a secondary preferably new drive, nice big size and install that, and copy ALL of your files except OS and app files there. Then anytime you need to move data, just pull hard drive and move to new machine :)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

He asked how to copy them and I told him how to copy :P

However in my professional opinion, copy files over to new drive, get a secondary preferably new drive, nice big size and install that, and copy ALL of your files except OS and app files there. Then anytime you need to move data, just pull hard drive and move to new machine :)

Oh... that is a really good idea... B|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I have heard that puting two hard drives in a computer could be bad

Huh? you are joking right????? [:/]
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Or, get some software that allows you to copy your music files off your iPod to your new computer...or, use your iPod as an external hard drive to copy the files onto your old machine and then onto your new machine. This was discussed within the last week...a search will find you more detailed explanations of how to do that.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I have heard that puting two hard drives in a computer could be bad

*looks over at the 4 SATA hard drives, 2 ATA hard drives, and 2 DVD burners in his system*

Yeah, it's bad. Real bad. It almost hurts having over 1 TB online.:|:ph34r:
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

The old PC still working? Any chance it has a NIC?

Easy to network them together, although if that's not your specialty, find a geek.

Putting more than one hard drive in a PC is not a problem most of the time, maybe if it's a old e-machine or some other POS, and the power supply is minimal, you might have a problem. Pretty rare, however.

External hard drive, either using current HD from old PC (make sure external HD doesn't require software install), new external HD if your old PC has USB, move HD, or network.

Lot's of choices. If you need a geek, find one.

Jeff

Small Dell server at work have six hard drives. One machine used to be a desktop, I turned into a server, has only five hard drives.
Arch? I can arch just fine with my back to the ground.

Now before everyone starts off with my apple iPod is a ripoff, this is something different. I have bought a new computer and want to move all my MP3 over from the old one. No without putting them all and a cd (which could take about 75-100 of) is there any other way to move them over?

If you happen to be working with two Macs, it is EXTREMELY easy to do. No need for geek assistance.

For Great Deals on Gear

Get a program called EphPod. Allows you to transfer files from your IPod to your comp. I used it when my old hard drive crapped out (thank God I had just uploaded all my songs to my IPod).
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

Use the hard drive function of the Ipod. If you have the space, it should be fairly straightforward.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717