tdog

Tofu

Is it wrong that I crave Tofu morning, noon, and night?

Tofu Teriyaki stur-fry
Tofu Pud Thai
Tofu Pasta Fresca
Tofu Mango Curry stur-fry

This craving, for the last month or so, just won't go away.

...Tofu, also known as soybean curd, is a soft, cheese-like food made by curdling fresh hot soymilk with a coagulant

blech!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Yes it's wrong...and you are certainly far less of a man for doing this...may God have mercy on your soul!

I never knew my eating habits would cause so much flame on these forums...

I went a little out of my comfortzone... I just got back from Noodles and Company where I had the Japanese Pan Noodles - with Tofu.

Is it wrong that I crave Tofu morning, noon, and night?

Tofu Teriyaki stur-fry
Tofu Pud Thai
Tofu Pasta Fresca
Tofu Mango Curry stur-fry

This craving, for the last month or so, just won't go away.

Not wrong, just odd. Very, very odd.

Walt

I've been wanting to try making a tofu recipe for the first time this week. Got any good recipes? :$

Since Tofu is really tasteless without seasonings - it is whatever you want it to be.

Last night I had my favorite yet... I took onion, bell peppers, and mushrooms and chopped them up... Then cut the tofu into squares about the size of dice. I poured Stonewall Kitchen Curried Mango Grille Sauce (Thanks Whole Foods Store) on the veggies and tofu as I stir fried it... I put a lid over the pan and cooked all the veggies until the onions started to caramelize. Over some brown rice, it was to die for...

I also like it fried in a super hot pan with a touch of olive oil, on top of spaghetti noodles, with fresh cut tomatoes and some fresh grated cheese.

I also have one that is weird... I take some mayo and some non-fat plain yogurt and mix it with some ginger and curry powder... Pour it over cooked chicken and tofu - after the chicken and tofu are completely cooked, in a hot pan... Let it simmer until it becomes a sauce, serve over rice. The taste is pretty good, but it is more on the "healthy" side, meaning not to die for in the taste department, than some other curry dishes... But I am experimenting a lot and making things better, learning what is too much when adding things like ginger or garlic.