SkydiveStMarys

David Blaine

David Blaine is amazing. Criss Angel relies on TV editing and the illogical thinking patterns of others in order to gain popularity. David Blaine does things that make you realize what a human being is truly capable of.

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

Wow! We have a few haters in here!
The guy is good at what he does.
What? You don't like the fact that he makes a living at it? Or just jealous?

Who said this event was "magic"?
Stunts are cool. You watch them nearly every time you turn on a TV or watch a movie. Hell YOU perform stunts in the sky!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I agree...read my thread...Crow Pie. I enjoy Davids street magic! I can go without all the hoop la of last nights stunt, but it was interesting to see how he "brought" himself to that point of doing this latest particular stunt. His street magic is where its at.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

> and no one has ever held their breath for 9 minutes straight. I think it is pretty amazing.
Yes, pretty amazing indeed.
But please consider that Umberto Pellizzari (an Italian chap who is (was?) world record holder for breath-held diving with: -80m/-262ft constant attitude, -131m/-430ft variable attitude, -150m/-492ft no limits attitude) holds a personal record (at the time (1991) world record) of 7' 02" 88 of breath-holding.
Present record of breath holding dive appears to be 8' 58".
Consider please that in these records of "still-holding-breath-under-water" your pre-dive hyper-breathing can only be performed breathing air; anyway, reading about Umberto Pellizzari performances, I read that unofficially, after having breathed pure oxygen (for I do not know how many minutes...), he remained something like 20' under the water in the swimming pool :o :o :o
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

It is kinda weird dude. All of his street stuff...in fact, most of his stuff until now is a bunch of tricks, slight of hand, and misdirection.

Now he did this stunt. And I thought this sphere-underwater-thing was total BS until he actually didn't do it last night. Like maybe he had an oxygen tube surgically implanted into his ass running into his lungs or something. OK...i am an idiot.

Truth is, that if he made it to the full 9 minute mark, I would have thought it was a trick. Now that he didn't make it, the stunt is believable and he has my respect. 7 minutes is a long friggin time to hold your breath.

Wow! We have a few haters in here!
The guy is good at what he does.
What? You don't like the fact that he makes a living at it? Or just jealous?

Who said this event was "magic"?
Stunts are cool. You watch them nearly every time you turn on a TV or watch a movie. Hell YOU perform stunts in the sky!

I salute David for being able to be paid well for what he does. With that said, I have little respect for his magic. Anyone can turn off a camera and move something, then turn the camera back on, or have a bunch of people that are on the inside to verify authenticity. I say that because I KNOW how some of his "tricks" are done. It reduces the believability of the things he does that are good.

I have seen Penn and Teller do a similar breath hold event and it was a trick. I expect the David Blane "stunt" was a trick as well. I don't know how it is done, but he is not the first to do it.

EDIT: If he had made the 9 minutes and it was a trick, he would have had to be exposed because of the world record. That's why, I believe he didn't go the 9 minutes.

Ed

I have seen Penn and Teller do a similar breath hold event and it was a trick. I expect the David Blane "stunt" was a trick as well. I don't know how it is done, but he is not the first to do it.

How could it be a trick if he failed?

See my edit.

Ed

Sounds like you really believe in "magic" and get really disppointed when it turns out to be only a "trick".

Still missing Santa Claus?
:D:D:D

I think anyone would be hard-pressed to find a better performer in this arena...unless the glitter attracts you more than the skill.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I have seen Penn and Teller do a similar breath hold event and it was a trick. I expect the David Blane "stunt" was a trick as well. I don't know how it is done, but he is not the first to do it.[/quo***

See my edit.

Sorry dude. Your comment is noted, but you are clearly speculating.

EDIT: But then again, part of the fun/entertainment that comes from magicians is trying to speculate the truth. Frustrating isn't it?

Whatever you think of the him- it is still amazing to see someone able to push the envelope when it comes to endurance and mind control. Most people would have niether the endurance capabality to do his stunts, or the mind control to not go nuts. Just try to imagine living in a water bubble for a day- most people would probably freak out. He lasted, what- nine days? Absolutley amazing.
And his street magic is phenomenal (even if you can figure out how some of it is done).

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

It was an amazing feat. Held his breath for "only" 7 minutes AFTER being in a tiny aquarium for a week. I think he would have beat the record had he just jumped in and anchored, while being well-rested. REmoving himself from the cuffs, etc...energy.

Anyway..where did the poo-poo and pee pee go? The water looked pretty clear and I didn't see any Baby Ruth bars floating around.:D

is

Anyway..where did the poo-poo and pee pee go? The water looked pretty clear and I didn't see any Baby Ruth bars floating around.:D

he was cathetered and only had liquid nourishment
I know this because of an interview on Good Morning America

http://www.swoopstudios.com/videos/videos-rex.php

And I thought this sphere-underwater-thing was total BS until he actually didn't do it last night...Truth is, that if he made it to the full 9 minute mark, I would have thought it was a trick. Now that he didn't make it, the stunt is believable and he has my respect. 7 minutes is a long friggin time to hold your breath.

I like what Evel Knievel said about his failed attempt over the Snake River Gorge: "If I'd have made it, people would have said, 'Oh, that was easy.' If I'd died, people would have said, 'Well, the daredevil should have died.' But I tried and failed, and people know that what I did was real."

I agree with this. If he'd have done it I would have thought it was a trick. He lasted a long time and didn't make it, which adds a sense of legitimacy.

My wife is hotter than your wife.