GeekStreak

Ever Had Flying Dreams?

Ever since I was a little girl I have dreamt of flying. I would just take a running start and I'd be off! But since I started skydiving, they are all skydiving dreams and I have them ALL the time! I love it! Even when I'm grounded, I'm getting airtime!!!
dove

There's no better sense of peace, freedom, and accomplishment for me than to be able to do in my life what I've always done in my dreams. I feel truly lucky. People try to remind me that I'm actually falling when I skydive, but they're my dreams and I know what they feel like. When I skydive it, I don't care what anyone else says, I'm flying.
P.S. I tend to sleepwalk and talk in my sleep. It must be pretty funny to watch me when I'm having the flying dreams! :)-can't you trip like I do-
Clubber

I never had any flying dreams but before I started skydiving I would have hang-gliding and bungee jumping dreams all the time. It was always in weird places though, like a bungee jump off of my roof etc... I have a lot of FF dreams that are either awesome or scary. Scariest one was when I first started skydiving, I did a jump w/ all the jumpmasters and my DZ and when I Threw my PC the lines were like 100ft long and I bounced:o.
My most recent dream was a two way w/ Roger and we had a flying disc. ( like the floppy ones for dogs ) and it took place 100ft over my back yard. He would throw it to me and up then I would change my fall rate and float up to it. We played frisbee for a while then I deployed my chute and it opened 10ft above the ground and I flared and PLF'd in a corn field behind my house. Really vivid.:D:D
CHris
"..and your hands and knees felt cold and wet on the grass beneth." - modest mouse

I think flying is one of the most common dream themes. For everyone, not just skydivers, of course. I think almost everyone dreams about flying, especially kids.
And I agree, I think it's really cool that as a skydiver I get to live out that dream :)Speed Racer
"Come up to my lab,
And see what's on the slab!"

I didn't have a whole lot of flying dreams, especially of late because I just don't dream, or seem to dream as much as before, but in the ones I had I was usually being chased or showing off my wicked flying abilities and I had to flap my arms like mad to get some decent lift off. I usually landed on top of some building. Wonder if I'll have any more flying dreams once I really start skydiving in august (only did a tandem once).

Some years ago, the highest I could possibly get was 9th floor of a building where my granma used to live, and I had a lot of dreams where I jumped off that balcony and was falling (for a pretty long time) until I was very close to the ground, got scared and then, of course, I awoke.
Never dreamt of falling with a parachute behind my back - parachutes were something from another world and not particularly exciting.
These days I have skydiving dreams, but after some time I catch myself forcing these dreams onto my mind time and again, and it's no longer a cool dream then...

And, like one of the peeps had said in this thread (what, two years ago?:S), it's frustrating when I get up in the morning and realize that all the skydiving gear and cool chicks were only in my dreams...B|

I landed a Sabre 2 the other night in my dreams and Grasshopper packed it.

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

it's frustrating when I get up in the morning and realize that all the skydiving gear and cool chicks were only in my dreams...

Still.....tomorrow is another day, and maybe its a day closer to that becoming reality.

...fuck it, i can dream too can't i ? ;)

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

My flying dreams were fun. I used to go all over the neighborhood and visit friends.

Only problem was that in order to fly, I had to hold my breath. So, much like true freefall, my flight never lasted long. However, it was very cool to fall horizontally.

Can't tell you guys how many times that I woke up because I was out of breath. LOL :S

I LOVE flying dreams. They used to scare the hell out of me. Since I started jumping, they're very pleasant, very welcome dreams.

I used to wake up in terror right before hitting the ground, in a sweat with my heart racing. Now the freefall dreams are very pleasant, even tho I quickly realize the absence of a rig.

Now about 1000 feet up, in a very Matrix-like fashion, my fall rate slows WAAAAY down, like airbrakes. I go to a stand 20-30 feet from the ground, and land softly on my feet, in my home DZ landing area. I look up to the sky and see my buddies do the same, all without rigs.