Mostly_Harmless

Air Show

So I work about a half mile from Republic Airport where the Blue Angels are currently station awaiting for the airshow this weekend. Every time one takes off my building shakes... I am grabbing lunch and going to go sit at the airport and watch these guys take off. The Golden Knights will also be performing at the airshow so I am excited to see them too.

http://www.jonesbeachairshow.com/

lol! The Dream Machine bi-plane just took off, I believe they go down to the beach and practice (thats where I might go if I can't go skydiving after work). One of the angels just took off going almost vertical, those planes are amazing to watch. I am going to grab some Wendy's and see if any of them return. Also to top it all of it's fleet week in NYC.

I have fighter jet disease. Everytime i hear or see a small jet, i start to drool, get wood, and eventually stop all rational thought processes. Then depression sets in.:|;)

I have the same disease. There is no cure. Well, there is treatment here...

http://viper-aircraft.com/homepage.htm

and here...

http://www.avtechgroup.com/events.asp?sub=pressreleases

... that is, of course, if you can AFFORD the treatment [:/] I can't... yet.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

I have fighter jet disease. Everytime i hear or see a small jet, i start to drool, get wood, and eventually stop all rational thought processes. Then depression sets in.:|;)

I have the same disease. There is no cure. Well, there is treatment here...

http://viper-aircraft.com/homepage.htm

ANother more affordable option is to come to the American Boogie in Davis, June 22-25. Bob will be selling rides in his P-51 and his Jet (I will post the make later, but it is a fighter trainer)

and here...

http://www.avtechgroup.com/events.asp?sub=pressreleases

... that is, of course, if you can AFFORD the treatment [:/] I can't... yet.

Another Option is to come to the American Boogie in Davis (June 22-25) and come ride with VooDoo racing www.voodooairracing.com/ in either the P-51 or the L-39. ;)

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

OK that was soo cool. The C-130 took off hovered about 10 feet off the runway until it got to the end and just went vertical. Those guys rock.

I spent 6yrs working on these........ and I really miss it they are incredable machines nothing like standing 1 foot away from those engines when they are cracked into full afterburner your whole body frickin vibrates.:)
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

this is kinda funny..... oue line used to be used as a VAL so we had different planes parked for the weekends alot. this harrier came in one weekend so we decided to mess with the pilot, you know the sensing pitot tube on the left in front of the canopy the one that kinda looks like a weather vane, we took and made a big cutout of a rooster and painted it camo and attached it to the pitot tube so it looked like a traditional weather vane....:D :D :D :D the pilot put on the "Im not amused act" but the smile on his face told the truth. Im sure the first thought he had was ....WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT!!!!!:D :D :D

we took and made a big cutout of a rooster and painted it camo and attached it to the pitot tube so it looked like a traditional weather vane

:D:D:D:D

wonder if i know the guy. never can tell with those pilots really....some would definitely consider that an insult. :D:D:D:D but some would be totally cool about it. good one.

we once put a picture of kilmer on the side of an aircraft to mess with a guy whose last name was Kilmer. put it on the aircraft using that soap....you know that stuff that eats through the exhaust stain. never forget the smell of that stuff, but man was he pissed. :D:D:D:D:D:D

we took and made a big cutout of a rooster and painted it camo and attached it to the pitot tube so it looked like a traditional weather vane

:D:D:D:D

wonder if i know the guy. never can tell with those pilots really....some would definitely consider that an insult. :D:D:D:D but some would be totally cool about it. good one.

we once put a picture of kilmer on the side of an aircraft to mess with a guy whose last name was Kilmer. put it on the aircraft using that soap....you know that stuff that eats through the exhaust stain. never forget the smell of that stuff, but man was he pissed. :D:D:D:D:D:D

turko (spelt wrong im sure) mmm love that smell:)