dixieskydiver

American Idol

LOVED the standards. I was happy with everyone, except Ms. Pickler. Sadly, her charm has worn off for me. I can't stand that I must concede Ace sang well, but so-help-me if I were Ryan Seacrest I would have cut that ridiculous pony-tail of his right off!

McPhee brought tears to my eyes. She was spectacular! And, as always, absolutely gorgeous:P

That's my take...;)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Well, you know I am not a Kellie fan and I really hate the ditzy southern blonde routine, but she did win me over a little bit when she straight up admitted she butchered her song. That HAS to be an AI first. Usually they stick their noses in the air after an especially bad performance and harsh criticism and say something like "I think I rocked! Let America decide!"

Paris- ugh! I thought she was awful. Ace- not bad, but the slicked back hair called attention to his HUGE nose! Elliot- big yawn. He really should have hit one out of the park- totally his element, but to me, it just wasn't great.

Katharine- I love her voice, I love her style and I was expecting great things. Truth is, she hit a few rough notes and the arrangement was too chopped up or something. She was good, but I'm not sure she was as good as the praise she got. Still, she was the best of the night.

I was bored by Chris's performance. Not a bad note or anything, but it just wasn't him.

The real shock of the night was Simon who was positively nice and positive to everyone, even Kellie after her buchering job.

Tigra....Simon was hittin' the Jesus juice.:ph34r: Gotta do something to keep up with Paula. Poor girl is a wastoid. Get the hair out of her other stoned eye, I want to see both.

Anyway, I liked my boy Chris - Tigra...come on - he did a good job with lemons..lemonade.

Taylor was fuuuuun. He's an addiction.

Paris - I'll admit - I actually enjoyed her performance and she looked very pretty.

Yamin - I'm bored

Ace - He had an INXs (forgot his name) look...but, he's just to sweet to be a bad boy in a suit....he was just a boy in a suit. I'm bored.

Kelli - butchered it. She's still a cutie and TIGRA, I don't think it's an act. I believe she's really a Grandpa's girl. I betcha she can misbehave just like the rest of us! She'll make top 3.

Katherine - she's beautiful and can sing. Something about her annoys me.

is

Simon- Jesus juice!:D Yes, that must be it!

I don't even remember what Taylor sang! I guess I'm kind of bored with him already. Sorry.

And I'm not saying Chris was bad, but it was dull and just so not him. I'm not sure what more he could have done with that genre, but I was bored by his performance and to me, it seemed like he just "phoned it in." I was much more impressed with his country performance.

Yamin- I'm with you! Yawn! Maybe if he was hot, Mr. Easy Listening would do something for me, but he's homely, arrogant AND lite fm! Bad combo- I don't think he last much longer.

Sadly, Paris will make the final 4 and she just annoys the crap out of me. Yeah yeah- she can sing. So what? I don't really buy any of her performances because to me, no matter how good she is technically (and I thought she was off last night) she still comes across as a kid pretending to be a woman.

And you know what's kind of sad about Kellie? She's stuck in a position now of trying to defend the fact that she really is dumb! That has to suck! But every trailer park in America is voting for her, so yeah, unless tornados struck last night, she'll probably survive her awful performance this week.
And to be fair, I don't think she should leave this week because of one bad performance anyway. BTW- did Paula actually tell to take up acting? Did I hear that? Isn't that the AI version of the bowling speech?

Katharine- she's beautiful and she can sing but I still like her!:P In terms of both talent and vocal training, she and Elliot really are in a different league. And she's got charisma on top of it. If I had to pick now, I'd say she's our next American Idol, and I would be just fine with that. I'd probably even buy her CD. I like Chris a lot, but I think AI would spoil what's so special about him if he won, sort of like what they did to Bo Bice.

My ideal next 3 to leave would be Ace, Paris and Elliot. Ace first simply because vocally, he's the weakest link. That would leave Taylor, Kellie, Chris and Katharine in the final 4 and I think in terms of both talent AND audience appeal, that's right.

BTW- did Paula actually tell to take up acting? Did I hear that? Isn't that the AI version of the bowling speech?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Something is amiss here. I think Miss Pickler is acting. I don't believe she's that naive. I would just LOVE it if when this is over (either she loses or she wins) she comes out of the genious closet and says to Paula:
"Take up acting? I AM acting!" B|
I'd like that...I'd like that very much!~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Damn tigra! Again I agree with everything you said on here!

Ace- the greased up hair was a really bad idea. BAD! Plus he annoys me.

Katharine sort of slipped in under the radar this whole time. There wasn't any drama with her. She didn't make a spectacle of herself and hasn't really done anything to make everyone gossip about her (which to me is a big plus). I can see her having a great career with or without being AI. I really like her voice. I think I'd buy an album of hers too.

She kind of reminds me of Nora Jones in the rough.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Chris in the bottom 2!!! Who the hell is voting this year?>:( Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Kellie is now the only one who has not been in the bottom 3. This happened with Carrie last year. Although I thought Carrie deserved to win, I definitely don't think Kellie does.

The voting this season has got me stymied. First Mandisa went way too early and now Chris in the bottom 2. I'm really getting pissed now.......>:(

Chris

I heard an interview with Paula last night...they were talking about her video that she has out called... Cardio Cheer...she used to be a cheerleader ya know;)....anyway...she said cheerleaders are "magical" ...WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????:S:S

Bye, bye...Ace the face!

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I agree! Chris has no business being in the bottom two. I haven't voted before, but I will certainly vote next week to keep Chris in the competition.

Kellie has gotten way too comfortable with her stupidity. Igorance is cute, stupidity isn't. (although I believe it is authentic). She has a beautiful voice, but can't sing in time with the music.

Elliot has an incredible talent, but is pretty much the same every week. No charisma.

Paris was one of my favorites in her original audition. I was glad to see her go back to that style. I would buy her album if she stuck to jazz. The bouncing around on stage is very distracting.

Taylor was incredible! Love to watch him perform. Love how he is passionate about everything he sings.

Kat's performance was great too. I don't agree with Simon that she blew the others away, but she definitely had one of the top 4 performances IMO.
Beautiful voice, beautiful face, probably would not buy her CD though.

I could see myself buying Taylor's, Chris's, and Paris's CDs (if Paris recorded jazz and the other two don't sell out).

Good bye Ace. You stayed around 2 weeks longer than you should have.

;)

I heard an interview with Paula last night...

Not much of a life outside of AI?
You should get out more...

:D:D

...she said cheerleaders are "magical"...

IMO, cheerleaders are magical!

:D:D:D

I like Taylor and Kat....vote is split.:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I'm right there with ya Muenkel. Chris/Taylor and Kat are the most talented, but unforturnately, our boy (chris) is not the most popular. we need to vote.

I was shocked when Chris was in the bottom 3. Tigra is right, though. We don't want AI to do a "Bo Bice" on him.

I don't think Kelli is ignorant/stupid. Naivety does not equal stupidity. She's cute and will sell to the bubble-gummers and will do VERY well in country. Plus, it's a good story. Kind of a new-age Dolly without the tits story.

Oh.......Random thought: I saw a t-shirt the other day that said "I love Clay Aiken" - this poor fella was wearing it to a rock concert (Sit-Com). I want one.:D:D:D:D

is

I seriously doubt Kellie will win and I don't think she's being pimped anywhere near as blatantly as Carrie Underwood was last year. (Katharine is coming close..........)

But I also don't think the votes really matter and that the producers manipulate the results as they see fit. Plus, the bottom 3 is all about creating drama to keep people tuning in and voting. So who knows if Chris really did have the second lowest number of votes? Still, the weekly themes seem to be working against him, and next week should be interesting.

I think Chris can do something pretty cool with a love song. Problem, is - it will be cool for us but not for the gum chewin masses.

Katherine has the best voice and is the most beautiful. Something about her annoys me...i still haven't figured it out yet. But, she's the whole tamale. - I wouldn't buy her music.

Taylor - I'd buy his music and try to 'feeeeel' it the way he does....mr. soul patrol rox!!! I'd love to hear him sing the oldie "Love and Tenderness" he'd kill it!!

Kelli - I'd buy her music for my dad. He's a good ol' country boy and he'd like her story.

Tigra, was it you that did this to me...the only way I can remember Yamin's first name, is ET - Ell--eeee--uuut.:D

Paris...I agree with what has been said...jazz...that is all.

Ace who? I still felt bad for him. He just needed to go. Paula can pound him with those push up boobies later, when the bare each other's scars.

is

They did that a few times last year. I think the whole elimination show is stupid. I did catch part of this one, but usually if I bother at all anymore, its just to click on at the end to see who is going home. The group numbers suck and the "commercials" are awful. I wouldn't have minded seeing Rod Stewart perform, but I missed that.

I don't remember Taylor being in the bottom three yet, but I could be wrong.

I hope he can do a Joe Cocker song at some point. It would fit his style to a T
------------------------------------------------------
"From the mightiest pharaoh to the lowliest peasant,
who doesn't enjoy a good sit?" C. Montgomery Burns

Shari- I can't take credit for Ell-EEEE-utttttt but I guarantee that from now on, that's exactly what I'll be thinking too! :D:D

And about Kellie- I can't decided which is worse-if she really is that dumb or if she's faking. I think its kind of sad either way. The naive innocence worked for Lorretta Lynn, but a) it was real and b) it was a different era. This girl aint no Loretta Lynn! When she stays within her comfort zone, she does have a good voice, but its a pretty small zone! I predict we'll see her on a sitcom within 2 years.

So- that's Ace on a soap opera, Kellie on a sitcom, and Paris doing a remake of Different Strokes. Oh, and Ell-EEEE-uttt doing an ET-where are they now special!:P

What if they would have said "Taylor, go the group you think is in the bottom 3." Then they said, "WRONG...just go home."

I'm baffled that elleeeeutt wasn't in the bottom three and my boyfriend Chris was. Tigra..I think you are on to something. Producers are manipulating the votes for shock value.

is